orbital waxers/polishers - Honda Civic Forum

Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-2002   #1  
Registered!!

555 is an unknown quantity at this point
orbital waxers/polishers

does anyone use a random orbital waxer/polisher to apply and take off polish and wax. ive heard that if you buy the wrong one, it will burn the paint of you car. Can someone give me good brand names of those machines. I saw one that Maguiers has, but its like $200. I don't want to pay that much. please help.
555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002   #2  
Registered!!

CIVICMAN67 is an unknown quantity at this point
I do not use a buffer on my civic. But I do use one on my truck. I perfer air buffers, you can adjust the amount of air that flows through it. So that way you can adjust the speed!
CIVICMAN67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002   #3  
Registered!!

JSWhaler is an unknown quantity at this point
orbital's don't ruin your car's paint it's the person using em. I personally don't like them, but then some people love em. If you're looking for a really good one go to griotsgarage.com -those guys know their stuff. Doing the job by hand is all you really need and if you screw up you can usually fix what you've done. Orbitals arent always as forgiving. My advice-just stick with the hand stuff. If you got the money just put it to something like an CAI or something. Text
JSWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002   #4  
Registered!!

555 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey thanks for the advice.
555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002   #5  
Registered!!

DonnieTran is an unknown quantity at this point
I used my orbital buffer on my Integra when I had it, I haven't had a chance to use it on the Civic though...

Just don't put any pressure down on the buffer, just go over the surface lightly....If you push down on it, you leave swirl marks
DonnieTran is offline   Reply With Quote