Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Trunk Is Really Scratched, Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2002
Extreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZSKCivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Trunk Is Really Scratched, Help!

Hey everyone. I had a alot of scratches on the trunk of my car and I thought that if I used some rubbing compound then that would dull the scratches and make them less noticable. Well, instead of making the situation better it made it worse. I used an applicator, one to put wax on your car, slightly dampened and it scratched the hell out of the trunk of my car. Is there anyway to get rid of all of those sratches or should I just get my car detailed professionally to get those scratches out?
Old 03-18-2002
Registered!!

brill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nice
you could try any one of many scratch removers and polishes to see if you can get the same effect as a detailer would... or you could just go to a detailer, spend a few bucks, save your time and come out with a good result [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-20-2002
Registered!!

CIVICMAN67 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would use a buffer, but it would not probably cost to much to have it professionally done!
Old 03-20-2002
Registered!!

RunawaySoul is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the same type of scratched up trunk myself. I'm also debating whether or not to take it to the dealers. I quit using buffers, makes swirl marks. I have found that Zaino's Z5 polish actually dims the scratches till you can barely see them. My scratches are still there but you have to look for it. Mine was pretty bad too, got them from the car wash scrub things. I knew it was stupid to begin with, considering I worked at the car wash and detailed cars for 3 years.
Old 03-27-2002
Registered!!

CIVICMAN67 is an unknown quantity at this point
Another suggestion would be the "scratch doctor". Same thing as the dent wizard, but for scratches. He did my buddies Suburban for $50. That is every scratch you can find, big to small!! It looked good when he was done!