Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Nu Finish Scratch Doctor

Old 06-09-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
z3r0o0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nu Finish Scratch Doctor

Basically, I just bought this product from Autozone. Anyways, has anyone had experience from using this product. I tried it this morning. It only fade part of a scratch that I had.

Should I keep applying it?
Old 06-09-2006
I Pinch.

Sinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of light
Not sure about re-applying it, but from what I've heard the only decent way to get rid of a scratch is professionally. If it's just in the clear coat that stuff MIGHT work, but if it's in the paint you need a pro.
Old 06-14-2006

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
Well ive tried the nufinish products, and have yet to be pleased with any of them including the scratch doctor. For removal of scratches by hand I suggest and prefer Meguiars ScratchX. It will take multiple applications and will need to be worked for 1-2 minutes then wiped off and repeated as necessary. If its in the clearcoat, you can get it out by hand but it will take some work. If its through to the paint, you can tell by running your fingernail across it and seeing if it catches, if it does then its too deep to remove. If thats the case, it will help it look better, but will need to be repainted.