Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Best Tire Shine EVER

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Best Tire Shine EVER

I will make this shot, sweet, to the point, and with lots of pics!

Best tire shine ever:

Why?
Still black (not showing any dirt on sidewalls) after 2 weeks without tire shine being applied, rain 4 days, and car washed and tires scrubbed twice:

After applying:

Recap:
  • Armor ALL Extreme Tire Shine Gel =
  • Easy to install with sponge they give you
  • Stays black through rain, snow, washing
Old 05-24-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
eh i like meguiars nxt insane shine. it stays on for weeks too and is waterproof. i sure hope the one you're using doesn't have petrolium distillates.

Last edited by gearbox; 05-24-2006 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-24-2006

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
I just hate tire sprays since they get everywhere, especially on the wheels after driving. The gels dont get the wheels as dirty, and don't pick up as much dirt.
Thats at least what I have experienced.

After a few days with no bad weather, no fading of tire shine:
Old 05-24-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
ya but seriously go check the ingredients. and also, every gel i used always spins onto the paint. no more of that for me. spray and walk away is best haha
Old 05-24-2006

I dont have the box anymore so I can't check for that. On the other hand these tires are almost completly done. I was told the only reason I passed inspection with them is because they are literally at the limit and I said I have a seperate set for winter.
Old 05-24-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MeguiarsEM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well....

Petroleum distillates are a huge category that includes thousands of products. In fact, the term refers to anything that comes from the distillation, or cracking process, of petroleum crude oil.

This includes gasoline, propane, paint thinners, mineral oils, paraffin wax, baby oil, Vaseline® and even Chap-Stick® just to name a few.

As you can see by the ingredients listed in Chap Stick® brand lip balm, broad generalizations stating "all Petroleum Distillates are bad" is just as disingenuous as stating "Silicones are Harmful".

All of the above-mentioned products fall under the category of Petroleum Distillates. While some petroleum distillates can be very dangerous, others are very safe. To group all petroleum distillates into one category and label them harmful or dangerous is unfair. Like the dishonest claim that silicones are harmful, claiming that all petroleum distillates are harmful is also dishonest and disingenuous.

While it's likely there are car care products on the market that do use inexpensive solvents derived from petroleum crude oil in their formula's, Meguiar's only uses ingredients, including petroleum distillates, that are combined in a way to create a product that is beneficial to the paint. In other words, the product improves or creates beauty, it does not diminish or lessen beauty. Because we work closely with automotive paint companies, we know how to protect and maximize all aspects of automotive surface coatings.

Meguiar's Petroleum Distillates

The petroleum distillates Meguiar's uses are:

Environmentally Safe
Contain No Aromatic Hydrocarbons
Contain No other Serious Air Pollutants
They are also distilled multiple times to remove:

Carcinogens
Reproductive Toxins
Multiple other Impurities
You will be hard pressed to find another automotive appearance care company that goes to the extent Meguiar's goes to in order to create products that are both environmentally safe as well as safe for use by their customers.

Originally Posted by gearbox
eh i like meguiars nxt insane shine. it stays on for weeks too and is waterproof. i sure hope the one you're using doesn't have petrolium distillates.

Old 05-24-2006
Premium Member

oh nice. thanks for the info. and i'll stick with meguiars
Old 05-24-2006
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Originally Posted by gearbox
oh nice. thanks for the info. and i'll stick with meguiars
Me 2, its nice to have someone on the forum to help out!
Old 05-24-2006
Premium Member

ya megem2 is the detail king. i've never seen him not know something
Old 05-24-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
I gotta try out those products, the ones I have been using kinda sucks.
Old 05-25-2006
Registered!!

Tdoan14 is a jewel in the roughTdoan14 is a jewel in the roughTdoan14 is a jewel in the rough
http://www.aa-ownercenter.com/

You can get a free sample by signing up at the link.
Old 05-27-2006
Registered!!

rckdrmr is on a distinguished road

Old 05-28-2006
rhein05 has been mutated to cIvIc_xyza

cIvIc_xyza is just really nicecIvIc_xyza is just really nicecIvIc_xyza is just really nicecIvIc_xyza is just really nicecIvIc_xyza is just really nice
i just use that meguiers foam thingy
Old 05-28-2006
Slowest 7thgen in the GTA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
phuviano has a spectacular aura aboutphuviano has a spectacular aura about
looks good, but I still prefer the meguiars tire gel. Armor All just copies Meguiars. Meguiars had their tire gel out for several years already. More and more companies are coming out with tire gels as well.
Old 05-28-2006
rhein05 has been mutated to cIvIc_xyza

cIvIc_xyza is just really nicecIvIc_xyza is just really nicecIvIc_xyza is just really nicecIvIc_xyza is just really nicecIvIc_xyza is just really nice
i kinda dont like gels.. coz of the way they apply. i love foam.. hehe.. spray.. leave.. come back. wipe over spray
Old 05-28-2006
Premium Member

tire gel blows. it spins off everywhere no matter how long it sits. spray is easiest. just spray it on! i tried the foam and it kinda runs and doesnt stay in one place.
Old 05-28-2006
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Sujak
Uhoo My Meguiars Hot Shine has petrolium distillates, what is it going to do to my tire?
Whatever you do, don't do burnouts cause your tires will catch on fire
Old 05-28-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
Uhoo My Meguiars Hot Shine has petrolium distillates, what is it going to do to my tire?
They will explode when you drive down the road, but you will be ok.
Old 05-28-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
Good thing i only used the damn thing once, well bottle will get tossed in my bonefire this weekend (tehehe) i didnt even look at the ingredients, damn.

O and i dont do burnouts anyways.
Did you think I was serious??? I was only kidding, I don't know what it will do.
Old 05-28-2006
Premium Member

i heard that some petro.dist can eat tires and make them brown over time.
Old 05-28-2006
Premium Member

just use the nxt insane shine it uses an alcohol based product instead. or you could use "no touch" but that stuff doesnt look shiny or last more than a few days. kina a waste.
Old 06-04-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough
im used to the spray foams as well, never tried the gel looks good tho ima try it out sometime....i always knew about the petroleum eating the rubber thing but i didnt know they put that in tire shining products 2 (whats the logic behind it?)