Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

One clay bar later..... my dc5 56k nope

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006
let the devil out
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
One clay bar later..... my dc5 56k nope

well I used a clay bar on my dc5 to finally give it a deserved cleaning.
all shots taken with my canon eos 300D with the 17-85 EFS IS USM lense at ISO 400 and a slight unsharp mask thats it
the EP3 is my team presidents girls car

Last edited by eye_see_you; 03-12-2006 at 08:58 PM.
Old 03-12-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
good god resize those damn things
Old 03-12-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
HUGE!!! Damn!

Looks really nice. . . . . btw, what is this "clay bar" thing?
Old 03-12-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
yes, that thing work wonders, ask ramcosca, he'll tell you it works
Old 03-12-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, hahaha! Damn bastard sent me a pic of the back of his car with that done... although I already saw it works with the beautiful DC5 here...
Old 03-12-2006
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
i'm going to come down to texas and steal the ep3.

...and maybe the dc5 as well.
Old 03-12-2006
Registered!!

schematicsskate will become famous soon enoughschematicsskate will become famous soon enough
Sharpen Much?
Old 03-12-2006
Registered!!

jerseydetailer has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by ramcosca
HUGE!!! Damn!

Looks really nice. . . . . btw, what is this "clay bar" thing?

a clay bar is a device used to detail (clean your car paying close attention to all aspects)..http://www.claymagic.net/Movies/movies.htm
its basically a bar which is used to pull above surfaces contaminents fromt the paint...ie bugs, tar, etc....this is one of the 2 propers ways to remove above surface contaminant (scrubbing the isht out of your paint with a wash mit or old tshirt doesnt count..that is a good way to get super swirls in your paint ..you can do it mechanically or chemically..chemically is like with a spray that you dont you any force it does it on its own, this is gentler imo...you need to use a lube...like quick detailer which some people cut down 1 o 1 with water...other ppl have good luck with soapy water but most ppl tend to rely on a dedicated clay lube.....clay can be reused my refolding it...one clay bar should last a while depending on how dirty your car is..it is very common to cut a new clay bar, use it till you cant fold it and get clean surfaces, then used that old dirty bar for rims or engine compartments..then use the fresh piece for paint..1 very important rule is if you ever drop the clay do not...eeeeeeever use it on paint..the stuff it picks up from the floor will severly damage your paint
Old 03-12-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
its surprising to see a shiny car. up here my friend and i have the only two waxed cars in the whole lot.
Old 03-12-2006
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
My car is covered in crap right now because its been snowing for more or less 3 days non-stop, its nice to see a clean car.

On a tangent, you should install some fog lights
Old 03-12-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
That EP3 is
Old 03-12-2006
Make friends with your slow.

Morton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud of
Wadup

Originally Posted by dre2600
My car is covered in crap right now because its been snowing for more or less 3 days non-stop, its nice to see a clean car.

that sucks man i feel for you, as for me it got so hot here today i had to take my jeans off and put on shorts and even then i was still sweating. no overcast AT ALL. ill live in NC down by the beach oooooooaaaaaaaaa any others with weather like this? its been like this for like 2 weeks now, i can already tell that summers gunna be a b!tch lol

ALSO LOVING THOSE PICS WHAT TYPE OF CAM.?
Old 03-12-2006
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
lol i thought your subject was talking about eating a candy bar. lol wtf? i don't know
Old 03-12-2006
Registered!!

jimboss496 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you for understanding how to use detailing clay and using it. As a professional detailer I love the way a freshly clayed and waxed car feels and looks. I wish everyone took the time to properly detail their cars like you. BTW, I'll take the DC5, please.
Old 03-12-2006
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
both look hot
Old 03-13-2006
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by dre2600

I was going to install my fogs but deciding on selling them for a few reasons, 1 i'm getting jdm headlights 2. I have my jdm license plate relocator and I want my intake to get all it can for now because it sits right behind that one fog light once installed

Originally Posted by Morton

ALSO LOVING THOSE PICS WHAT TYPE OF CAM.?
read first post Canon Eos 300D DSLR

Last edited by eye_see_you; 03-13-2006 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-13-2006

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
did you ever get that exhaust in? just wondering cuz i didnt see it in the first pic
Old 03-13-2006
let the devil out

Originally Posted by dp_yz713
did you ever get that exhaust in? just wondering cuz i didnt see it in the first pic
my exhaust has not came in yet still waiting on buddy club to get the new order in
Old 03-13-2006

oh i gotcha............damn thats been a while lol
Old 03-13-2006
Registered!!

03hce has a spectacular aura about03hce has a spectacular aura about03hce has a spectacular aura about
Nice and shiny! Love it
Old 03-13-2006
let the devil out

oh i gotcha............damn thats been a while lol
Exhaust was backordered thank you buddy club insert sarcasm here.. but I shoudl have it by next month sometime..
Old 03-13-2006

haha cool deal. make sure to post pics and sound clips
Old 03-13-2006
Registered!!

sp3cialk is a glorious beacon of lightsp3cialk is a glorious beacon of lightsp3cialk is a glorious beacon of lightsp3cialk is a glorious beacon of lightsp3cialk is a glorious beacon of lightsp3cialk is a glorious beacon of light
damn. so shiney.
Old 03-13-2006
let the devil out

haha cool deal. make sure to post pics and sound clips

not on my car but someone else with the buddy club spev IV
http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=qwzspw
Old 03-14-2006
Registered!!

MVHonda is an unknown quantity at this point
This post persuaded me to purchase a clay bar. I sprayed yesterday, then as per instructions, proceeded to rub around the area. I think I may have sprayed too much on because I never got to the point where it went away. (spray). It didn’t feel like it was doing anything but gliding along the liquid, not touching the metal. I did notice some difference but I think I may have been doing it wrong or not long enough. Did I spray too much? One thing to note, I did rub too far and got to an area where it seemed very sticky and at that point it felt like it was pulling from the paint, but I don’t know if this was more harm then good. Any thoughts?
Old 03-14-2006
How many pots have you smoken?

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
nice! subscribed for later
Old 03-14-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MVHonda
This post persuaded me to purchase a clay bar. I sprayed yesterday, then as per instructions, proceeded to rub around the area. I think I may have sprayed too much on because I never got to the point where it went away. (spray). It didn’t feel like it was doing anything but gliding along the liquid, not touching the metal. I did notice some difference but I think I may have been doing it wrong or not long enough. Did I spray too much? One thing to note, I did rub too far and got to an area where it seemed very sticky and at that point it felt like it was pulling from the paint, but I don’t know if this was more harm then good. Any thoughts?
you cant use to much spray but you can use to lilttle it is supposed to glide across the paint...if its sticking its because you need to spray some lube down....it should glide across the paint....after, you should removce excess spray with a towel (preferably microfiber)...then you paint should be smooth like glass dont forget to clay your front windshield
Old 03-14-2006
let the devil out

Originally Posted by MVHonda

if you washed your car first then began with the clay bar here is what I did. First get a few microfiber towels to use.
Second spray on enough liquid detailer to keep the claybar gliding easliy with no sticking ( thats how it works)
Third after you have done an area wipe it dry with the microfiber rag you will see the difference right away and feel it
fourth after an area is done apply your choice of wax , I use meg's NXT but you can use any type you like
Old 03-14-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by eye_see_you
if you washed your car first then began with the clay bar here is what I did. First get a few microfiber towels to use.
Second spray on enough liquid detailer to keep the claybar gliding easliy with no sticking ( thats how it works)
Third after you have done an area wipe it dry with the microfiber rag you will see the difference right away and feel it
fourth after an area is done apply your choice of wax , I use meg's NXT but you can use any type you like

excellent point...if you didnt wash your car before you clay clay is meant to remove bonded above surface contaminants....the wash will remove loose above surface contaminants..i forgot to mention this also do it in stages..like wash car, then dry, then clay entire car...if you using meg's nxt remember that this as well as all polymers sealant should be left on at least 5-10 minutes to maximize durability
Old 03-14-2006
How many pots have you smoken?

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
so you should clay the entire car, then wax the entire thing?

- or -

clay a section (says 3x3 on the link provided in this thread) then wax that section?

also, how much pressure do you use on the clay bar?

Quick Reply: One clay bar later..... my dc5 56k nope