Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Are small dents/scratches on your car just a fact of life?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seveneighty is an unknown quantity at this point
Are small dents/scratches on your car just a fact of life?

Is it almost impossible to own a car without getting some amount of tiny dents on your car?
From the environment, pebbles from the road, etc.

Because I just checked my car, and theres quite a few little marks. Nothing visible from afar, but if you look close enough, you can see a LOT of little blemishes. AND IT PISSES ME OFF! I waxed the car before the winter.
Does your car have NO tiny marks/scratches/dents at all? Or is it just a fact of driving a car, that you're gonna get your paint f*cked up?
Old 02-21-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
You sound a lot like me....scratches, dings, all the little imperfections bother me also. Nothing you can really do about it for the most part. Well, you can get rid of small dings and dents, which honda is famous for because of the thin sheetmetal, but the scratches you have to work with.

Usually, I just have to accept it and make it look the best and try not to look at the little ding some **** left.
Old 02-21-2002
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
best thing is to just accept it. before i used to stress over everylittle thing. even a lil scratch thats as small as the tip of a needle. but after my car got totalled n i was ok, i realized its just a car. n just because i say that doesn't mean imma drive it all crazy n not fix it up but it just means that there's other more important things to worry about in life.
Old 02-21-2002
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
oh n you have to realize that it's cause its your car that your picky about every little thing. i mean who else is going to get 2 inches away from it n stare at the car for minutes n at every angle... i'm sure no ones gunna see them besides you. i have like 3 big scratches on my bumper(big scratches meaning .5-1 feet long) n if i tell someone that its there, they probably wont see it untill i point it out to them.