Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Preparing the car for a show

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
That seems pretty extreme. Oh well, to each his own. Like i said, make sure you get us some pics.
Old 01-25-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
oh yea i'm pretty sure one coat of glaze left on for 30 minutes would look the same.
Old 01-25-2006
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
well the way i see it, 1 coat is nice, and the 2nd coat would cover anything missed. Ahh i guess we'll just try it, i will for sure get some pics of it at the show. Right now its snowing and it sucks, tomorrowing its supposed to be 55* and sunny. its unreal the weather here. good thing for a heater garage. I appreciate the help though sooner and gearbox, its helps alot.
Old 01-25-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
my car hasn't even been glazed/waxed for almost a year and the paint still looks better than 90% of the cars here. if you take care of the paint often, it will still look good. there is doing whats necessary and then overkill like waxing every week then you have a problem lol.
Old 01-25-2006

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
^ Mine has been about 3 months, but weve had a really warm winter here except for a few days. Most people think that taking care of the paint means going through a 7 dollar car wash/wax. Thats why our cars look nicer. Hope all goes well and good luck at the show.
Old 01-25-2006

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
/\ You described my gf with the $7 car wash, i'm like, call me and i'll do it for you plz. she is like nooooooo it doesn't really matter. So she does what she wants and i do mine. I'm gonna use painters tape to mask of the front of my car and stuff so nothing gets on it.
Old 01-25-2006

My girl is the same way. My car was gettin kinda dirty a few weeks ago and she goes "Just stop at Conoco." I looked at her and said "Maybe in your crappy Kia, but my car has standards." She thinks im obsessive. lol Painters tape is a good time investment so you dont get stuff on the trim. Also if you use a trim detailer before you wax, even if you tape it off some always gets on there, and residue on there will be SOOOO much easier to remove. Good luck man, represent the 7thgen!

Last edited by soonercivic; 01-26-2006 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-25-2006

yea i do that too! you read my mind. helps a ton!
Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

XxGoldCivicxX is an unknown quantity at this point
Your talking about Cavalade right?? If so good luck. The company that I work for is setting up a booth down there so i'll be there this weekend. If I see your car i'll make sure to come see ya and introduce myself
Old 01-27-2006
Premium Member

just remember presentation is everything. someone who knows their almost stock car well enough can beat someone's modded car. you should know everything about your parts, where they come from, what they do, dyno graph if needed, and any extra parts like stuff you can only find overseas bring receipts for those.