Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Windshields Fogging Up

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cLint is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Windshields Fogging Up

hey everybody,

allow me to introduce myself as well. i'm clint and i own a 2004 grey 4 door civic lx. sadly, it's auto haha but yeah... i'm not really into mods or anything coz i'm cheap haha

but yea, i was wondering why no one ever raised this question. Does this particular civic model have a problem with windows fogging up? i've noticed in the morning, my neighbor's cars don't have condensation whereas mine's just crazy. i know this other guy who drives a 02 civic and he complains about the same problem. it's really weird and i dunno if it's just me but if anyone knows a remedy or something, please post it here so as everyone would know.

thanks.
clint
Old 12-11-2005
Registered!!

cLint is an unknown quantity at this point
just a follow up to that question of mine. maybe is because the doors don't have good seals? and also, i noticed before when i took off my bumper (don't ask me why) but i saw this little vent on the driver's side. i observed that there's a flap (kinda like a those doggy flap doors u see in movies), maybe that's the problem? but i do know that if i slam that shut, i'll have a harder time slamming the trunk. any opinions?
Old 12-11-2005
Registered!!

micks7thgen is an unknown quantity at this point
i have the same problem but i think it has nothing to do with our cars, but i figured out if you put the a/c to recirculate before you turn the car off then that should help the problem. if that doesnt work then keep a rag in the car to wipe down the windshield. i think it is just the hot air emitting from our engines pouring into the cabin while the car is off.
Old 12-11-2005
Registered!!

micks7thgen is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by cLint
just a follow up to that question of mine. maybe is because the doors don't have good seals? and also, i noticed before when i took off my bumper (don't ask me why) but i saw this little vent on the driver's side. i observed that there's a flap (kinda like a those doggy flap doors u see in movies), maybe that's the problem? but i do know that if i slam that shut, i'll have a harder time slamming the trunk. any opinions?
that vent you see is where all the air comes outta your car when the doors are shut. it keeps the pressure inside the cabin equal to the outside.
Old 12-15-2005
Registered!!

mjw7995 is an unknown quantity at this point
o my

yea if u close up that vent over time shutting the doors and what not, if the air cant excape it pressurises the interior. after awhile it will blow out a window or something.. happend to my dads car wasnt good at all....

THANKS GLASS INSURANCE haha
Old 12-15-2005

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
It happend to my grandpa's oldsmobile. He opened the door and it sucked the roof down. It was really loud and incredibly hilarious.
Old 12-19-2005

02VicWilDcaRd is an unknown quantity at this point
I used that rain x wind shield crap... works kinda good
Old 12-19-2005
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
i tried that rain-x windshield antifog wipes and it does work for a day or two after that it sux big time. just do wat everyone does just turn on the heater or something to circulate in the outside air.
Old 01-02-2006
Registered!!

big2000dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by mjw7995
yea if u close up that vent over time shutting the doors and what not, if the air cant excape it pressurises the interior. after awhile it will blow out a window or something.. happend to my dads car wasnt good at all....

THANKS GLASS INSURANCE haha