can your silver paint do this? - Honda Civic Forum

Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-18-2005   #1
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
can your silver paint do this?

Not as shiny as black, but still pretty good for silver

gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #2
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
probably not enough light for me but give me 20 minutes...

oh btw all i've ever used to 'wax' my car is Eagle1 Wax-As-You-Dry

and the very rare turtle wax white compound for like 2 bux hehe

Well aside from burning the soles of my feet down here in florida geez

I think this is nice oh and if you don't read my info this is a 2001 sedan ex

(how do you post the pic in your message and not as a thumb?)

Last edited by Shroomster; 10-11-2005 at 01:15 PM.
shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #3
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
lol I used meguiar's #7 show car glaze and then KIT wax. The glaze makes the paint shiny
Old 09-18-2005   #4

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
damn...I'm cheap what can I say might have to start saving for the good stuff...meguiar's you shall be in my garage next paycheck...hopefully...
Old 09-18-2005   #5
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
I use mothers clay? Its a kit and its really shiny and smooth?
Civicman1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #6

anyone else wanna show off how satin their silver is?
Old 09-18-2005   #7
Premium Member

lol. oh to post pic in message I just paste the image location like [img]http/7thgenblah.jpg[/img
Old 09-18-2005   #8
Stolen digital camera = no ninja picture for me

PoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the rough
Ha ha, your reflection makes it look like you have no torso; just arms, a head, and legs.
PoorCollegeBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #9
Registered!!

HondaChevy is an unknown quantity at this point
best stuff to use is Zaino Bros...check it out:

Zaino Bros RoXs

Last edited by HondaChevy; 09-18-2005 at 11:56 PM.
HondaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #10
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
bros looks good
zachgeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005   #11
Registered!!

lindermant will become famous soon enoughlindermant will become famous soon enough
lindermant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #12
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
holy **** WTF do you wax with?^^^
MajinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #13
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
As close as I can get it... which isnt close lol

You can BARELY see a reflection, of whatever LOL
TheSmuggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindermant

lol didja sit on the car or were ya out through the sun roof?

is that silver paint? looks white but thats just me...I ca almost never distinguish real dark or real light colors from one another....
Old 10-01-2005   #15
Registered!!

lindermant will become famous soon enoughlindermant will become famous soon enough
Satin silver metallic with one coat of Mequiar's Gold Class. Agreed it does look white in this pic - natural light in the garage makes it look a little off. Stood on the door sill to take the pic (no sunroof, and didn't want to risk denting the flimsy sheetmetal).

I think the angle of the pic really makes the reflection stand out, I took a pic of the side like gearbox and it didn't look so hot. I have no doubts that gearbox or Shroomster's rides would blow mine away finish-wise.

I'm surprised no one cracked on my kids "elmo" swim toy in the reflection

Last edited by lindermant; 10-01-2005 at 04:37 PM.
lindermant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #16

sorry i forgot to say how it looks.... real nice and clean...I like it +rep for you
Old 10-21-2005   #17
Registered!!

sweeteli99 will become famous soon enoughsweeteli99 will become famous soon enough
red x i wanna see !!
sweeteli99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005   #18
Premium Member

jeez ever since the site converted, all the pic links changed. i still have that pic in my gallery here it is.

Old 10-21-2005   #19
Premium Member

shmik1 has disabled reputation
^^^ holy **** its Steve
shmik1 is offline   Reply With Quote