Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

product question

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to behold
product question

hey gotta question

i have an 04 NHBP with swirl marks.....and i want to do the meguiars 3 step, but i have a scratch on my bumper about 2 inches long and it got deep enough that you could see a bit of that whitey-gray at the bottom of the scratch....what are my options...other than the touch up paint from honda? and once i get this so called product to be named do i put it on before applying the meguiars 3 step? and what about scratchx..i was thinking about using that on another small one i have on the side of my front bumper...do i put the scratchx on before i do the meguiars 3 step?

i figured that since scratchX is an abrassive formula that it should go on before the 3 steps...but just wanted clarification on that...but as for a scratch filler what can i do?

btw i am doin this all by hand
Old 06-21-2005
Registered!!

mogwai will become famous soon enough
I assume you can feel the scratch with your fingernail. If that's the case, touch up paint would be the way to go. But then again, you could always try some Scratch X over it before you go that route.

Scratch X has fillers which hide scratches so I would do this after the Step 1 (paint cleaner). If you do it before, the cleaner will remove the Scratch X. Then follow with the Polish and Wax.
Old 06-21-2005
Registered!!

Peasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to behold
okay update i bought some oem touch up paint.....i haven't waxed or anything yet...any precautions to go with the paint...and pointers or secret tips that i need to know about?

the scratch is noticable and is about 1mm deep and 3 or 4 mm wide....should i try to fill it with anything first then use the touch up paint?
Old 06-21-2005

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
Make sure it is completely clean and dry in the scratch. Any water or dirt will cause the touch up paint to eventually come off. Use thin layers for best results. Also, the DC#1 cleaner is just a chemical cleaner. It will not actually remove any paint defects, for that you will need something stronger. But the deep crystal system is good at covering them for long periods of time. The scratchX, if used, should go on after the paint cleaner. ScratchX contains diminishing abrasives, that after breaking them down, they turn into a polish so that it will hide and left over swirls and also will prevent you from over doing it.