Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

paint mist marks, how to remove?

Old 04-12-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
paint mist marks, how to remove?

my neighbors were painting there house and it was windy. while they were painting and spraying, the wind blew some paint mist onto my entire car you know how its really windy and ur spray painting, then eventually the wind will blow the paint elsewhere... yeah that mist of white paint got on my car it looks like my car has herpes. but what can i use to remove these very small, but alot of paint mist on my car body paint? i know theres got to be something that wont eat the clear coat and paint. i tried hand removing with a dry towel and its rough, but if i scrub deep enough, it leaves scratches on the paint (i tried this and im pretty sure my results of this would be scratches n marks all over).

thanks
Old 04-12-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
easy have your neighbors pay to have your car painted.
Old 04-12-2005
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ajhdragon
easy have your neighbors pay to have your car painted.
thats what i'd do
Old 04-12-2005
The Declaration of Independence was written on marijuna paper

Ellocodetroit is a jewel in the roughEllocodetroit is a jewel in the roughEllocodetroit is a jewel in the rough
It has to be buffed out with one of those hand held buffers. Better off having a detail shop removing it. If you stay to long on one spot you can remove the og paint. If that doesn't work you have to get a new paint job if it's really bad.
Old 04-12-2005
Ed
Registered!!

Ed will become famous soon enoughEd will become famous soon enough
I'm pretty sure car places use clay bars to remove overspray, so give that a try before you go out and get a new paint job.
Old 04-12-2005
Registered!!

civicrice should not be trustedcivicrice should not be trusted
yea what he said^. you can clay it out, its just a pain to do. But after claying it needs to be buffed or polished with a machine depending on how bad it is.
Old 04-12-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

i would make my neighbors pay, but i have no solid proof that they did. i assumed it cuz its obvious there the only one painting and my car is parked on the street right in front of there home. so i guess that choice is eliminated.

any idea how much the shop will charge to remove it profesionally? or is it a easy DIY with time? to be specific its on the trunk lid, rear bumper, rear windshield, both rear panels, some on both doors, roof,... pretty much everywhere besides the front half of the car.

thanks
Old 04-12-2005
Registered!!

cheukkin is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Ed
I'm pretty sure car places use clay bars to remove overspray, so give that a try before you go out and get a new paint job.
^^ what he said
Clay it all then apply some paint cleaner all over it, polish it with your buffer(if you have it) or just clean it up with mico fabric in a circle motion, then glaze it, buff it out and apply 2 in 1 wax, buff it again then finally wax it with diamond wax. that's what I always do in a professional detailing shop.
Old 04-12-2005
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Originally Posted by jttegx
i would make my neighbors pay, but i have no solid proof that they did. i assumed it cuz its obvious there the only one painting and my car is parked on the street right in front of there home. so i guess that choice is eliminated.

any idea how much the shop will charge to remove it profesionally? or is it a easy DIY with time? to be specific its on the trunk lid, rear bumper, rear windshield, both rear panels, some on both doors, roof,... pretty much everywhere besides the front half of the car.

thanks
Go to a local detailer and get an estimate! ( Contact a lawyer, they know the issues about these problems )
Old 04-12-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

went to get an estimate, $100.

but the shop keeping said it could be cheaper or lower cause he didnt look at it yet. but i just asked for an ball park figure of how much would it cost saying the rear half of the car was full of paint mists.

is that worth it?
Old 04-12-2005
jdmtytedoridori
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
i would definitely do it if you have the money, because if you diy materials will cost quite a bit, and would be a bitch to do.