Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Quick Question bout detailing

Old 03-24-2005
i like shiny cars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant future
Quick Question bout detailing

I just put a 3 step wax on my car a couple days ago. The end result left my car not as smooth as I would like. I think i will clay my car. Will I have to re-wax my car again?

Thanks
Old 03-24-2005
Registered!!

mogwai will become famous soon enough
Yeah, the clay will remove your wax. You'll have to redo it afterwards.
Old 03-24-2005
I can resist everything except temptation.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

ffokuf is a jewel in the roughffokuf is a jewel in the roughffokuf is a jewel in the rough
Clay will more than likely remove any protection you have on the finish (wax). Claying is usually done after washing the car and before polishing begins. If you say you car is as smooth as you would like then why are you going to clay. Claying removes the grit and contaminates from the paint surface. I would just wait until next time your ready to do a full detail in a month or two and clay then.
Old 03-24-2005
i like shiny cars

BaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant future
Re-read post. I said not as smooth. Anyway, I might just re-wax. Starting to get into this detailing thing. Gonna pick me up a PC 7424 soon. Anyone can tell me which pads to use with which substance. A good start to finish.

Thanks for the info.

Peace
Old 03-25-2005
Ultimate Member

teampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant future
Read the DIY for detailing... it's in the DIY section.
Old 03-25-2005
i like shiny cars

I'm talking bout PC 7424 Pads and the compound to use with those pads. That's not even in the DIY. Thats just a basic process of exterior/interior/ wax.

ANyone?
Old 03-25-2005
Banned

MeguiarsEM is an unknown quantity at this point
Well you want to stick to foam pads. What's the condition of the paint?

Originally Posted by BaLisTek
I'm talking bout PC 7424 Pads and the compound to use with those pads. That's not even in the DIY. Thats just a basic process of exterior/interior/ wax.

ANyone?
Old 03-25-2005
i like shiny cars

Got a paint job like 2yrs ago. So better than most normal cars. I just dont really know the differences between the colors of pads and the way they are intended to be used.
Old 03-25-2005
Banned

MeguiarsEM is an unknown quantity at this point
Well since your car has been repainted you're going to definitely need to take care of the paint more often than a factory paint job. Repainted vehicles are a lot more sensative to the sun and can fail easily if not protected by wax. I would recommend waxing the paint at least once a month and wash it once a week. As far as the pads go the Meguiar's pads are color coated to easily identify the cutting power. Red = cutting pad, Yellow = polishing pad, and tan = finishing pad. Cutting pads are mainly used on Rotary buffers for Heavy oxidation and deep scratches and swirls. The Yellow polishing pads are used with the Dual Action polishers for applying light to moderate paint cleaners and polishes. Finish pads are use with the Dual Action Polisher to apply the wax.

Originally Posted by BaLisTek
Got a paint job like 2yrs ago. So better than most normal cars. I just dont really know the differences between the colors of pads and the way they are intended to be used.
Old 03-29-2005
Registered!!

albs is an unknown quantity at this point
PC7424 polishing

Check out the forums at Autopia.org

There's a machine polishing forum. You can search there for pad questions.

http://autopia.org/forums/forumdispl...?s=&forumid=11

PC7424 (or 7336) is a great machine. Safe and easy to use. Great results when used correctly.