monitor - Honda Civic Forum

Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-22-2005   #1
Registered!!

DJ MerK is an unknown quantity at this point
monitor

I have a in dash monitor and I air dusted it but its still dirty. Wut do i clean it with? Someone told me alcohol, but that seems a little exteme. Let me kno.
DJ MerK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005   #2
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Meh, I clean mine with isopropyl (sp) alcohol mixed w/ water
TheSmuggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #3
Registered!!

danase is an unknown quantity at this point
Best thing to do is contact the manufacturer for their recommendation. A lot of those screens have a coating on them that is easily damaged by chemicals.
danase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #4
Registered!!

lostid is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I was always told never use any chemicals and just use an damp towel. But I would do what danase said and call up the manufacturer.
lostid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #5
Banned

MeguiarsEM is an unknown quantity at this point
This is what I use along with a Micro-fiber towel to clean the stereo face.

Last edited by MeguiarsEM; 02-23-2005 at 02:42 PM.
MeguiarsEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #6
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
alchol can strip off any polymers on the screen, bad idea. treat it hte same as a laptop screen, lightly wash with a very diluted mild dish soap ro liquid hand soap and wipe dry.

^^^ the above picture will work to, but the spray bottle you pay $2-3 for are usually just a Dawn in a really dilute form, you cna make it your slef much cheaper. Micro cloth is alos a good idea.
Jrfish007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #7
Banned

MeguiarsEM is an unknown quantity at this point
I wouldn't use dish soap on anything besides dishes. Dish soap tends to dry coated finishes with time then you see oxidation. i would stick to a product that deticated for the intended surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrfish007
alchol can strip off any polymers on the screen, bad idea. treat it hte same as a laptop screen, lightly wash with a very diluted mild dish soap ro liquid hand soap and wipe dry.

^^^ the above picture will work to, but the spray bottle you pay $2-3 for are usually just a Dawn in a really dilute form, you cna make it your slef much cheaper. Micro cloth is alos a good idea.
MeguiarsEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #8
Registered!!

civicrice should not be trustedcivicrice should not be trusted
just lick a microfiber towel and wipe it.
civicrice is offline   Reply With Quote