Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

How to get the dealer emblem off?

Old 01-13-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mdb_foxmx is an unknown quantity at this point
How to get the dealer emblem off?

Man, I hate the dealer emblem. It looks like it's stuck on with a glue or something. How do I get it off without screwing something up?? Thanks.
Old 01-13-2005
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
kill your dealer!!

mine is nice enough to use a very thin sticker that leaves NO glue behind at all.
Old 01-13-2005
Go Team Venture!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
remember to tell them not to put one on before you buy it

my mom got stuck with one and she got it off.. ill ask her how she got it off when she gets home..
Old 01-13-2005
Registered!!

mdb_foxmx is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks, man.
Old 01-13-2005
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
lol ok seriously...is it an emblem like the badging on your car or is it just a sticker?

sticker = peel it off carefully and clean the surface afterwards. You can use a razor blade to lift the corner so it doesn't tear.

badge = search the forums for de-badging or something like that. Same principals apply.

But in the future just ask for no sticker or a plate frame instead. At least a frame can be taken off easily.
Old 01-13-2005
Go Team Venture!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
she said she just pealed it off then washed that spot with hot water... ... .... go fig..
Old 01-13-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
the easiest way is to use a heat gun, or maybe a blow dryer. Do it on a very hot day at the least. Than just start peeling with your finger nail. DO NOT USE A RAZOR OR ANYTHING THAT SHARP AT ALL!!!!! It is the same way to take off the pinstriping on the side. which they charged me like an extra 350 for. Just get it hot, and peel with your finger. Use something to clean up all the left over glue when your done. Try to pull it in large pieces, much easier to clean up. I used windex to clean afterwards. It wont damage your paint using it a few times.

I used to wash my car with windex before I knoew how to keep paint looking good. I did this every week for like a year. It never once damaged anything on my car. Just wipe it all up.
Old 01-15-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
goo-gone. doesnt harm paint but rinse and soap afterwords. i used the goo-gone liquid in a bottle that was yellow colored. works fine, but you can still see the border print if you look closely when its under sun.
Old 01-15-2005
The wheel is turning...but the hamster is dead

ShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to all
mine was nice enough and just threw a gay *** dealer licence plate frame on, which came off before I started the car up to leave the place.

but when I shaved my cars a$$ It was the middle of summer...on a really hot day, so the glue was nice and soft. I just got my nails behind it and started pulling reeeeeeal slow (had a razor blade on hand just incase) but it came RIGHT off and then I wipped it down w/some goo gone, and whatever glue was left came right off....nice and clean

Last edited by ShoelessEX; 01-15-2005 at 08:04 AM.
Old 01-15-2005
472rwhp @ 7400 RPMs and 12.93 psi

quick silver has disabled reputation
To take off your emblems:

1. Spray WD-40 over the emblem to start breaking down the adhesive.
2. Take a piece of dental floss and "saw" behind the emblem (this cuts through the adhesive).
3. Once the emblem is off, spray on some more WD-40 and then use your fingernails to scrape off the adhesive.
4. Immediately wash that area of the car.

You can use this same procedure for removing the plastic moldings around the wheel wheels and door edges.
Old 01-15-2005
Registered!!

solo_rider is an unknown quantity at this point
to take off emblems use a blow dryer. when the emblems heated up enough you will be able to take it off. then get a citrus based cleaner (orange glo) or what ever you perfer and spray it on the area where you removed the badge. the citrus acid breaks up all that glue then get a warm towel w/ soap and water and wipe it off.
Old 01-16-2005
Registered!!

vegascivic will become famous soon enoughvegascivic will become famous soon enough
Thanks i just took off mine it was a piece of cake with your guys help. thanks