Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

turtle wax

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xtreme26 has a spectacular aura aboutxtreme26 has a spectacular aura aboutxtreme26 has a spectacular aura about
turtle wax

is the turtle wax ultra gloss a good product to wax my civic with? or should i get somthing else other then the 3 step wax thingy(forgot what company made it) and i suk at waxing cuz usually when i wax my car something always goes wrong, so can someone give me good instuctions on how to wax my car i know im dumb
Old 08-01-2004
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
takumi is on a distinguished road
I've had better results with Meguiar's and Mother's.
Old 08-01-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I still use meguiar's show car glaze #7. I used to use meguiar's #27 yellow wax, but it only lasts a few weeks and doesn't work well. Then I switched to KIT wax because it's cheap, pure wax and lasts me at least a few months if not longer. Now all these waxes didn't change the way the car looked (and they're not supposed to). Well my KIT ran out and I decided to try the ultra gloss by turtle wax. Wow what a difference. The car is so shiny, and mine is silver. It really does make a big difference and you can tell when it rains even and the water beads up into tiny *****. I don't know how long it will last, but the shine is amazing. Meguiar's just doesn't do anything. If you want a wax to last for a while, go with KIT. If you want the car to actually look different, go with turtle wax. I'm staying with it to see how long it lasts and then might go back to kit.
Old 08-01-2004
Registered!!

L0budjetracer is an unknown quantity at this point
it like it! See for yourself & just try it out mang.
Old 08-01-2004
Premium Member

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
TURTLE WAX SUCKS!!!!!

use meguiars or something.......
Old 08-01-2004
Registered!!

xtreme26 has a spectacular aura aboutxtreme26 has a spectacular aura aboutxtreme26 has a spectacular aura about
im jus gona use turtle wax rite now cuz, i dont hav alot of money on me rite now so im just gona try it, but after if im not satisfied, ill just get meguries or mothers

p.s is it ok to wax a car which was bought 2 months ago?
Old 08-01-2004
Banned

MeguiarsEM is an unknown quantity at this point
How do you tell if a wax doesn't last long?

Originally Posted by gearbox
I still use meguiar's show car glaze #7. I used to use meguiar's #27 yellow wax, but it only lasts a few weeks and doesn't work well. Then I switched to KIT wax because it's cheap, pure wax and lasts me at least a few months if not longer. Now all these waxes didn't change the way the car looked (and they're not supposed to). Well my KIT ran out and I decided to try the ultra gloss by turtle wax. Wow what a difference. The car is so shiny, and mine is silver. It really does make a big difference and you can tell when it rains even and the water beads up into tiny *****. I don't know how long it will last, but the shine is amazing. Meguiar's just doesn't do anything. If you want a wax to last for a while, go with KIT. If you want the car to actually look different, go with turtle wax. I'm staying with it to see how long it lasts and then might go back to kit.
Old 08-01-2004
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
When water doesn't bead up on the car, and the finish doesn't feel smooth. After a few weeks of waxing with meguiar's, the water would just sheet up on the car (no beading at all). Then I tried KIT back in January and just now it finally started to wear down. We'll see how well turtle wax does. If not, I'm switching back to KIT. I actually looked at meguiar's nxt wax, but it was way overpriced and didn't mention how long it lasts anywhere on the box. Someone said only a week or something. Not to mention the turtle wax actually makes the car shinier.
Old 08-01-2004
Registered!!

chrisleecool has a spectacular aura aboutchrisleecool has a spectacular aura about
Where can I get the Turtle wax? are you guys talking about the ones at Autozones and Wal-Mart ??.....
Old 08-01-2004
Registered!!

rckdrmr is on a distinguished road
no complaints here on meguiars products. after i'm done washing and drying i spray the quik detailer, and it gets all the water spots/spots i've missed. i love the way it makes the paint feel smooth/shine! nxt tech wax is great also!
Old 08-01-2004
Premium Member

Turtle wax ultra gloss is in the green and shaped bottle at most stores.
Old 08-02-2004
Registered!!

ctx66 will become famous soon enoughctx66 will become famous soon enough
i used turtle wax ultra gloss on my civic and im very very pleased with the results. all im gonna use from now on
Old 08-02-2004
Registered!!

obguam is an unknown quantity at this point
NXT Tech wax is easy on, easy off, has some cleaning agents and lasts fairly long. Excellent shine for a consumer-type wax.
Old 08-02-2004
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
I tested the Ultra Gloss and was not impressed at all. The surface was not slick compared to others tested at the time. Meguiar's NXT blew it away as far as slickness and shine.
Old 08-02-2004
Banned

The reason they don't tell you how long it's going to last is that every paint condition and area you are working in is different. NXT is the longest lasting wax Meguiar's offers along with the best shine. I guarantee it would last longer than any other wax side by side and under the same conditions.

KIT=

When water doesn't bead up on the car, and the finish doesn't feel smooth. After a few weeks of waxing with meguiar's, the water would just sheet up on the car (no beading at all). Then I tried KIT back in January and just now it finally started to wear down. We'll see how well turtle wax does. If not, I'm switching back to KIT. I actually looked at meguiar's nxt wax, but it was way overpriced and didn't mention how long it lasts anywhere on the box. Someone said only a week or something. Not to mention the turtle wax actually makes the car shinier.
Old 08-02-2004
Premium Member

Why is KIT bad? Numerous pro detailers have recommended it, and it's pure wax. Lasted almost 6 months and it rains here every other day almost. I doubt the meguiar's will be able to beat that. I'm not hating on meg products cause I like their glaze, but the wax just doesn't last for ME anyway.
Old 08-02-2004
Banned

We test all competitors products side by side against ours under the same conditions and no one comes close, especially KIT.

Why is KIT bad? Numerous pro detailers have recommended it, and it's pure wax. Lasted almost 6 months and it rains here every other day almost. I doubt the meguiar's will be able to beat that. I'm not hating on meg products cause I like their glaze, but the wax just doesn't last for ME anyway.
Old 08-02-2004
Premium Member

What exactly does the testing involve? It would be cool if you could show me where the test results are or give me a link. Thanks. No sense in using a bad wax.
Old 08-02-2004
Premium Member

Omg, what's going on? I went outside to feel the car today and it's not smooth at all! It feels like I never even waxed it. With the KIT, the paint would be super smooth and I could just take a cloth and glide across to remove dust. What should I do now? rewax with kit?
Old 08-02-2004
The Rizing Sun

Akutenshi is on a distinguished road
hah damn, turtle wax tricked u huh gearbox?

havent waxed my car yet. seems like meguires nxt is sounding pretty good right now. should have made a poll on this subject.
Old 08-03-2004
bel
Registered!!

bel is an unknown quantity at this point
try using Meguiars 3 step process but nstead of using der reg carnauba wax use der Next wax 4 step 3. use their famous Meguiars glaze as step 2. as maintenance or their Nxt booster wax. been doing that n it yield great results 4 months.
Old 08-03-2004
Registered!!

Omg, what's going on? I went outside to feel the car today and it's not smooth at all! It feels like I never even waxed it. With the KIT, the paint would be super smooth and I could just take a cloth and glide across to remove dust. What should I do now? rewax with kit?
It's mostly in the prep work. If you are just throwing wax on your ride then don't expect much. Also, what are you washing your car with?
Old 08-03-2004
Premium Member

I glazed last year, and I wash with some blue coral stuff that's safe for wax.
Old 08-03-2004
Registered!!

If it has been a year since you last did anything besides wash I strongly recommend you go over the car with a clay bar then some sort of polish system folowed by a good wax. That will be your best bet I would say. Oh, and if you just used a glaze it most likely was gone a wek later. Most glazes are just used to lightly polish and fill in minor swirls.