Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

DIY: Full Auto Detail

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005
7thGen Blacked Out Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
black05civic is an unknown quantity at this point
A VERY GOOD WAX: ZAINO.

Look into it. It is not sold at retail stores, only his website. Search for Zaino.
Old 01-24-2006
Registered!!

n_flow is an unknown quantity at this point
and this only takes about 4 hours? @_@ i have trouble just washing exterior.
Old 03-19-2006
Registered!!

vtec407 will become famous soon enoughvtec407 will become famous soon enough
When cleaning the seats, all you do is vacuum? Is there some sort of powder that can be used to really clean the fabric?
Old 07-18-2006
"You leave me in the trenches taking Grenades, John"

Stachmo is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by vtec407
When cleaning the seats, all you do is vacuum? Is there some sort of powder that can be used to really clean the fabric?
Depending upon how bad the seats are, try something like Oxyclean. It can be found at pretty much any grocery store, and does the job. If the seats are made of fabric like the rest of the carpets, most carpet cleaners would work just as well on the seats.
Old 07-20-2006

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
Make sure that you test whatever you get before you just spray it on the seat. Test it on a small area that you can't see, that way if it bleaches it then you didnt ruin your seat. I suggest oxiclean or meguiars has some good interior cleaners out now.
Old 10-30-2006
The only Wyoming Redneck on here

2002civicLX2002 will become famous soon enough2002civicLX2002 will become famous soon enough
i have heard if a wax called zaino? anyone heard of it its supposedd to be really good. also i use this wax called liquid ice by turtle wax, costs about 20 buks and it works way good, it works on plastic, headlihts and makes the stock taillights look really good. i would suggest it to anyone.
Old 10-30-2006

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
Zaino makes some really good products, but they are no good if you want depth and shine. THey shiny alot and thats about it. Alot of people use it, and love it, I hate the stuff.. I haven't tried the Liquid Ice, im not a fan of turtle wax, but I have heard some good things.

Edit:

Turtle Wax Ice is a terrible product line. Its good for a temporary shine, but I would never use it for any sort of protection. The Ice Liquid Clay Bar is a waste of money, stick to a real clay bar.

Last edited by soonercivic; 09-06-2007 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-30-2006
The only Wyoming Redneck on here

2002civicLX2002 will become famous soon enough2002civicLX2002 will become famous soon enough
i have had really good results with the liquid ice, it removes small scratches, puts a great shine on and its good on plastic and headlights, not much better than that. sooner, have yo used zaino? is it worth the money?
Old 10-31-2006

Originally Posted by 2002civicLX2002
i have had really good results with the liquid ice, it removes small scratches, puts a great shine on and its good on plastic and headlights, not much better than that. sooner, have yo used zaino? is it worth the money?
That liquid ice sounds alot like meguiars NXT, which I love, its got chemicals that conceal small scratches and blemishes but doesnt remove them.

I have used the zaino products before, and some people swear by them, but personally I am a Meguiars guy. Nothing else touches my paint, I always know what I will get out of my work and I am always very pleased with the results. There is reason that Meguiars is the most used brand at the Pebble Beach Concours D'Elegance. If its good enough for a 1926 Dusenberg worth more money than I will ever have, then its good enough for me.
Old 12-27-2006
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang
Old 08-23-2007
Jza
Registered!!

Jza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the rough
Re: DIY: Full Auto Detail

I like washing my car. I do it twice a week, I spend 2 - 3 hours every time. I would like to try and do this full detailing, usualy I just wash the outside, wax it once. Clean the inside, polish the vinyl. I wana' go wash my car now, but it's raining.
Old 11-13-2011
Registered!!

hon2k3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I only use Meguir's stuff it works great!
Old 02-20-2012

peepthegame is an unknown quantity at this point

can someone tell me if this set on ebay is good enough to do the right detail ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310122344778...84.m1423.l2649

if not, can someone show me where i can buy a whole detailing kit. i want the good stuff, not just walmart of local autozone stuff. unless that stuff at autozone is worth it ?
Old 02-21-2012
Registered!!

Streetwize86 is an unknown quantity at this point

It all depends if you never done it then I suggest you dont try it unless youre sure of your self.
Old 02-21-2012

peepthegame is an unknown quantity at this point

i will have someone teach me, i just wanna know what i should buy
Old 03-01-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Guys this thread is a bit old. lol

Search for "Adams Polishing" They are great for beginners and have videos to help you. They have the videos on line and even send you a free dvd once you recieve your order. I
ts what I used amd how I learn. Make sure you have ALOT of time if your going to do a full paint correction, depending on how bad your car is it can take a day to several days.
Old 09-04-2015
Registered!!

wingsfan19 is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess this thread is as good as any to mention this, I just finished detailing the engine bay on my son's 2003 Civic LX coupe (and also my Vibe) and I used Purple Power to clean it and Stoner Trim Shine after rinsing and they both look great. Unfortunately, the Civic isn't running very well now and I don't have a pressure washer so the Vibe came out better.

Please don't ban me for showing a photo of a non-Civic, but I just wanted to show how good you can get an old engine looking with a pressure wash and the Stoner Trim Shine!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0271.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	3.59 MB
ID:	88041   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0262.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	2.58 MB
ID:	88042  
Old 09-04-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by wingsfan19
I guess this thread is as good as any to mention this, I just finished detailing the engine bay on my son's 2003 Civic LX coupe (and also my Vibe) and I used Purple Power to clean it and Stoner Trim Shine after rinsing and they both look great. Unfortunately, the Civic isn't running very well now and I don't have a pressure washer so the Vibe came out better.

Please don't ban me for showing a photo of a non-Civic, but I just wanted to show how good you can get an old engine looking with a pressure wash and the Stoner Trim Shine!
I should add that the Civic has over 183,000 miles and the Vibe has over 140,000 miles as well as a few minor oil leaks. I just did this, so I don't know how long the shine will last, but the Trim Shine is only $6.99 at O'Reilly's and you can do the entire engine bay and the interior with one can.
Old 09-04-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by wingsfan19
I should add that the Civic has over 183,000 miles and the Vibe has over 140,000 miles as well as a few minor oil leaks. I just did this, so I don't know how long the shine will last, but the Trim Shine is only $6.99 at O'Reilly's and you can do the entire engine bay and the interior with one can.
Also, I did this to help sell both cars -- and not through Mecum's so we aren't talking white glove detailing here lol!

Quick Reply: DIY: Full Auto Detail