Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Best temp to wax car???

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civic316 is an unknown quantity at this point
Best temp to wax car???

Is there a cold temperature that I shouldn't wax my car in??? I live in Chicago and want to wax my car now, but its getting kinda cold...

What do you think???

thanks,

Civic316
Old 11-14-2001
Registered!!

brill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nice
I waxed my car uhm.. i think a weekend ago and it was almost getting too cold... I'll tells ya why...

You car is supposed to be cool while you wax... so cool isn't a problem... the problem starts when your car is cool enough that moisture begins collecting on the car while waxing. Luckily I was prettymuch done my car by the time nightfall and mosture started up.... but the last little patch of wax I had to rub in and buff was quite difficult to work with because when I would run the terry cloth over it, my hand would warm everything up and moisture on the surface would happen... also anytime i breathed it was like breathing onto a cold window... made things difficult. Of course, I live amongst a bunch of orchards and up the hill from a lake... so the moisture thing happens a bit too quick around my parts.. but it might be different in your area. Other than that... I'd suggest finding a garage to work in... then you don't need to worry about the temperature.

EDIT: By the way... I would definately suggest getting a good protective coat of wax on your car before winter!!!
Old 11-14-2001
Registered!!

Civic316 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks, I do have access to a garage so I think I'll use that option....

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Civic316