Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

can some help me out on windows cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004
suffering the heat in my black civic
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
heyitziak is on a distinguished road
can some help me out on windows cleaning

can some help me out on windows cleaning? i tried so many brand for window cleaning, but no matter how hard i clean them, i can always see like this greesy layer inside, i dunno why, but it just not coming off. can someone help me out here serious f*** up
Old 03-22-2004
Mr. Negative

DaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the rough
Ive used Windex Automotive Window cleaner, I think that is what it is called.. Windex something or other, not the household stuff cause I think that will f*ck with tint. I just use a newspaper, and get a streak free shine.
Old 03-23-2004
Registered!!

rckdrmr is on a distinguished road
this is the best way to clean the inside of your windows (works for me). spray the window (i use eagle 20/20 vision window cleaner) and make sure you use a wet napkin and go over the entire window to clean off the film, etc... next (with the window still wet) use a small squeege and run it across the window and use a dry towel to wipe it off the excess. this method gets results by not having to see the circles and spots you've missed by wiping and smearing.
Old 03-23-2004
Welcome To Prime Time, BITCH!

GrayGhost is on a distinguished road
The best glass cleaner on the market. You won't be disappointed
Old 03-24-2004
AR
e-married to daydreamer

AR will become famous soon enough
well use a glass cleaner and wipe all the residue off, but after youre done try this:

take a clean, dry cotton terry and again wipe away where you cleaned up on your windows.

this should get rid of that greasy look. possibly.
Old 03-24-2004
Premium Member

civicdude will become famous soon enough
No matter how hard you try Glass cleaner will not remove that stuff. What you need to do is apply some Clear Vinegar to a rage and wipe it into the glass. I suspect this is the back window we are talking about. I have had many civic's come to my detailing business with the same problem. I cleaned the whole window with Vinegar and then with a Ammonia free glass cleaner, and wiped the glass down with a micro fiber towel. The customers that had this done have not had the problem since.
Old 05-19-2005
Registered!!

mack82097 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by civicdude
No matter how hard you try Glass cleaner will not remove that stuff. What you need to do is apply some Clear Vinegar to a rage and wipe it into the glass. I suspect this is the back window we are talking about. I have had many civic's come to my detailing business with the same problem. I cleaned the whole window with Vinegar and then with a Ammonia free glass cleaner, and wiped the glass down with a micro fiber towel. The customers that had this done have not had the problem since.
I know that this is an old thread, but I have the same problem with the residue on the inside and outside of my rear window. I've used every window cleaning product on the planet and it never works right. I will try vinegar when I get home tonight. My question is if it's okay to use the vinegar on the inside of the window because of the heating elements.

Thanks.
Old 05-19-2005
TAQUITOS!!!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough
i remember talking to the salesman when i picked up my civic in 02...he said the plastic they used in the car gives off this residue that sticks to the windows when it's hot...when i got my windows tinted, they cleaned it off