Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   can some help me out on windows cleaning (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/146069-can-some-help-me-out-windows-cleaning.html)

heyitziak 03-22-2004 10:14 PM

can some help me out on windows cleaning

can some help me out on windows cleaning? i tried so many brand for window cleaning, but no matter how hard i clean them, i can always see like this greesy layer inside, i dunno why, but it just not coming off. can someone help me out here serious f*** up

DaveyD 03-22-2004 10:21 PM

Ive used Windex Automotive Window cleaner, I think that is what it is called.. Windex something or other, not the household stuff cause I think that will f*ck with tint. I just use a newspaper, and get a streak free shine.

rckdrmr 03-23-2004 02:17 AM

this is the best way to clean the inside of your windows (works for me). spray the window (i use eagle 20/20 vision window cleaner) and make sure you use a wet napkin and go over the entire window to clean off the film, etc... next (with the window still wet) use a small squeege and run it across the window and use a dry towel to wipe it off the excess. this method gets results by not having to see the circles and spots you've missed by wiping and smearing.

GrayGhost 03-23-2004 02:34 PM

The best glass cleaner on the market. You won't be disappointed

AR 03-24-2004 03:51 AM

well use a glass cleaner and wipe all the residue off, but after youre done try this:

take a clean, dry cotton terry and again wipe away where you cleaned up on your windows.

this should get rid of that greasy look. possibly.

civicdude 03-24-2004 11:46 AM

No matter how hard you try Glass cleaner will not remove that stuff. What you need to do is apply some Clear Vinegar to a rage and wipe it into the glass. I suspect this is the back window we are talking about. I have had many civic's come to my detailing business with the same problem. I cleaned the whole window with Vinegar and then with a Ammonia free glass cleaner, and wiped the glass down with a micro fiber towel. The customers that had this done have not had the problem since.

mack82097 05-19-2005 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by civicdude
No matter how hard you try Glass cleaner will not remove that stuff. What you need to do is apply some Clear Vinegar to a rage and wipe it into the glass. I suspect this is the back window we are talking about. I have had many civic's come to my detailing business with the same problem. I cleaned the whole window with Vinegar and then with a Ammonia free glass cleaner, and wiped the glass down with a micro fiber towel. The customers that had this done have not had the problem since.

I know that this is an old thread, but I have the same problem with the residue on the inside and outside of my rear window. I've used every window cleaning product on the planet and it never works right. I will try vinegar when I get home tonight. My question is if it's okay to use the vinegar on the inside of the window because of the heating elements.

Thanks.

gh0st 05-19-2005 04:01 PM

i remember talking to the salesman when i picked up my civic in 02...he said the plastic they used in the car gives off this residue that sticks to the windows when it's hot...when i got my windows tinted, they cleaned it off