Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

new meguiars's nxt products!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nivenmk1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I've got two coats of Tech Wax on the car at the moment...

From what I've read the tech wax uses a synthetic polymer compound (like Eagle One WET does) to last a lot longer.

I've only had it on there about a month, all things considered, but it's not deteriorated at ALL in it's water-beading action and dust still coats it evenly...

When regular wax starts to break down, dust will be more easily blown off the car by wind, and water doesent bead as well...

I live near a construction area, so the dust is really easy to check

Before the first coat, I washed the car with the Gold Class shampoo and conditioner...

The first coat of the wax was about on par with gold class... The second coat, that I applied 2 days later after a good spraying/drying of the car made the paint look REALLY good. Shine is a full order of magnitude above any other polymer wax I've ever used.
Old 04-01-2004
Banned

MeguiarsEM is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds good, but I would only wait about 24 hours to let the wax cure then apply a second coat.

Originally posted by nivenmk1
I've got two coats of Tech Wax on the car at the moment...

From what I've read the tech wax uses a synthetic polymer compound (like Eagle One WET does) to last a lot longer.

I've only had it on there about a month, all things considered, but it's not deteriorated at ALL in it's water-beading action and dust still coats it evenly...

When regular wax starts to break down, dust will be more easily blown off the car by wind, and water doesent bead as well...

I live near a construction area, so the dust is really easy to check

Before the first coat, I washed the car with the Gold Class shampoo and conditioner...

The first coat of the wax was about on par with gold class... The second coat, that I applied 2 days later after a good spraying/drying of the car made the paint look REALLY good. Shine is a full order of magnitude above any other polymer wax I've ever used.
Old 04-01-2004
Registered!!

I'm not to worried about it, if it ever starts fogging up after waxing because I didn't let it cure enough, I'll make some nice water with some dish detergent and strip the stuff off there...

However, I've not had any problems with curing times on any Maguires products in all my years of car detailing.

Also given Virgina weathe this time of year, waiting 24 hours exactly doesn't work out so well, it will continue raining at random for the next month or so.....

Nice days = wax on the Vic
Rainy Days = watching water bead like crazy

24 hours, though, is a good interval. You get the 2nd coat on there before you have a chance to trash the 1st coat too badly. I'd say 24 hours is the minimum you should let -any- wax cure before putting down the 2nd coat. Fogged wax blows @$$!!!
Old 04-04-2004
Registered!!

thmmpr is an unknown quantity at this point
that **** is awsome

i got a hold of some of the nxt tech wax at tuner bash this year and i swear to god that is the best wax i have ever seen. give a really nice shine. they dont lie when they say it goes on and off easy. its the **** i would recomend it to anybody.
Old 04-04-2004

2k1sohc is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks MeguirsEM, I am going to get the 3 step.
Old 04-04-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
I haven't seen these products yet..........but don't they have a polish and wax in one ????
Old 04-04-2004
Registered!!

rckdrmr is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by civic01vtec
I haven't seen these products yet..........but don't they have a polish and wax in one ????
~meguiars cleaner wax~
When it comes to raves, no other car wax in history has received such enthusiastic endorsements. Meguiar's Cleaner Wax is America's best selling cleaner wax as well as America's best selling liquid wax. In one step, this legendary product cleans, polishes and protects the paint finish and creates a dazzling, durable finish.
Old 04-04-2004
Registered!!

Anyone know any potential pitfalls of mixing a synthetic polymer based wax with a natural wax? The Tech stuff isn't real wax, whereas the cleaner/wax is.
Old 04-06-2004
Registered!!

dancanibus is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone know about a good detailer in Southern Cali? Los Angeles Area. Planning to get my car buffed and waxed.
Old 04-13-2004
Registered!!

6_funk is an unknown quantity at this point
these nxt products aren't on the shelves at canadian tire.

i'm not willing to order online...
so when will these products be available in stores???
Old 04-13-2004
Registered!!

6_funk is an unknown quantity at this point
edit: when will these products be available in Canadian stores???
Old 04-13-2004

I read on www.autotopia.com (great detailing forum) that Canadian Tire has decided not to carry the NXT Tech Wax this year.
Old 04-13-2004

Sorry, wrong address it's www.autopia.org

Last edited by 2k1sohc; 04-13-2004 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-14-2004
Registered!!

albs is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Mixing Polymers with natural wax.

Results will depend on the polymer. Cleaners in a cleaner/wax will probably strip the polymer if you apply the cleaner/wax over the polymer. In fact, I don't think you can layer cleaner/waxes. The cleaner in the wax will just strip off the old layer of wax. That's what the cleaner was designed to do.

Some polymers will look better if you top them off with a PURE carnauba wax. But then again, some polymers are not compatible with natural waxes.

Klasse All-In-One is a cleaner/polymer product. They also have their Sealant Glaze which takes well to being layered on top of itself, or being topped with a PURE carnauba. You can't layer the SG on top the carnauba though.

Zaino's system is far in advance of the Mother's or Meguiar's 3 step system:
http://www.zainostore.com/
Their products are all designed to work together. That's why some people love it. It produces great results. But that's why some people hate it. You have to spend a lot of money, and time on their Zaino system. You become "locked" into their products, and can't try other stuff. The BMW/Audi/Porsche owner's love this stuff. Maybe one day I'll try it, seems to be really good stuff.

Here's some more info on polymers vs. carnauba's:
http://www.properautocare.com/whichwaxisbest.html
Old 04-14-2004
Registered!!

Ah, very nice, thanks for the insight. I've now got about 3 coats of Tech Wax on my Vic, and it's looking better than any other wax that I've used in my 8 years of fervently waxing.

I'd say the tech wax lends itself well to layering.

I'm not "of money" so I do belive leaving Zaino alone will be more to my budget.