Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Microfiber towels

Old 10-14-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
byrd819 is an unknown quantity at this point
Microfiber towels

The microfiber towels that Turtle Wax sells. Any good? And if not, where can I get good "detailing" products(drying towels, polish, wax, sealer, glaze, etc....) online or otherwise? It doesn't have to be professinal grade stuff, just good enough to maintain in between getting the car professionally detailed.
Old 10-15-2003
Reppin Stage 7

XTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enoughXTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enough
I use them.. I think they are pretty good...
Old 10-15-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civicdude will become famous soon enough
Yeah they arent bad, a little small but not bad. I have found micro fiber towels in Kmart, believe it or not...and they werent that expensive. Try searching on line or looking for a detailing supply store in your area. Sometimes Detail shops have a store and they sell the towels.
Good Luck
Old 10-15-2003
All show!!!

EviLMyStS is an unknown quantity at this point
I avoid using it cuz I'm afraid it would scratch the car... I dunno why but it feels really rough... So it's okay to use it after washing my black car ?
Old 10-15-2003
Registered!!

slamtank is an unknown quantity at this point
hey i bought some microfiber towels from wal mart..
dont kno what brand it is tho..
but the problem is..
when i clean my interior, this microfiber towel leave
ALOT of lint or debris or whatever its called a tiny white thingy..
a lot of them..i wonder what would happen when i use this product to dry my car after wax..
is this normal for microfiber towel? or did i buy bad ones?
Old 10-16-2003
Registered!!

blackcivic28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Its supposed to be good because it leaves no lint and is the only towel that doesnt scratch your clearcoat. I believe that white stuff is wet dust though. I use them on my black car and its amazing.
Old 10-16-2003
Registered!!

slamtank is an unknown quantity at this point
so mine is wrong..damn
Old 10-17-2003
Registered!!

hoho is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by blackcivic28
Its supposed to be good because it leaves no lint and is the only towel that doesnt scratch your clearcoat. I believe that white stuff is wet dust though. I use them on my black car and its amazing.
where did u buy yours from?? i went to advance auto parts today and they didnt have them
Old 10-18-2003
Registered!!

blackcivic28 is an unknown quantity at this point
I got mine at Meijers, if you go to a place that tints windows on cars (or even one that hand washes cars) you can ask them if they use microfiber towels and see if they would be willing to sell you some. Although, I have seen microfiber towels at hardware stores also (I think).
Old 10-18-2003
AR
e-married to daydreamer

AR will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by EviLMyStS
I avoid using it cuz I'm afraid it would scratch the car... I dunno why but it feels really rough... So it's okay to use it after washing my black car ?
how so they're so soft they make your skin feel like sand paper?

and to the one who created the thread. i wouldn't buy detailing products online.... at least towels. i always instect my towels and make sure they're packaged adequately. if they aren't packaged products (like towels, cloths, sponges, applicator pads, etc) i wont buy it. and as long as it's cotton too.

sorry but i am picky. but if you see my car, you'll know it pays off.
Old 10-18-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I have the turtle wax towel. It's fine and won't scratch. You can't really screw up a towel. Wouldn't get their wax, though.
Old 10-19-2003
Registered!!

hondaguy2582 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by AR
how so they're so soft they make your skin feel like sand paper?

and to the one who created the thread. i wouldn't buy detailing products online.... at least towels. i always instect my towels and make sure they're packaged adequately. if they aren't packaged products (like towels, cloths, sponges, applicator pads, etc) i wont buy it. and as long as it's cotton too.

sorry but i am picky. but if you see my car, you'll know it pays off.
Most of the towel brands like pakshak, jt international, df towel, autofiber/microfibertech, and even meguiars have to be bought online to get their mf towels. You'd be surprised the quality difference in these towels compared to ones sold at stores. I have pakshaks(10 of them), turtle wax(3), walmart(5 for cheap stuff), 2 meguiars ultimate mf wipes, 2 autofibers(very plush), 1 eagle one mf, and 2 waffle weave towels from jt international. My favorites are the pakshaks and autofibers, but i love my jt internationals for drying my car. The meguiars are very good, but are better for wax removal and such because the fibers aren't that thick. Turtle wax ones are good for the average user, but they are small 12x12. The walmart mfs are ok imo, but they tend to lint like crazy and i use them for anything but the paint. Don't judge products bc they can't be bought in stores. And lets put it this way, cotton is very hard to find in good quality these days, you might as well switch over to mf bc of the lack of consistency in cotton(many brands claim 100% cotton, when in reality they aren't).
Old 10-20-2003
Registered!!

byrd819 is an unknown quantity at this point
So I guess it's OK to use the TW mf towels until I spring for the autofiber or pakshak ones? What about their terry cloth towels(for drying) and diapers (for polishing)? Are these OK?
Old 10-22-2003
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
i use the Micro Fiber towels from trutle and a 3M and i love them. The paint looks better than it did the day i drove it off. They pick up the wax residue and polish etc. so easily.
Old 10-24-2003
AR
e-married to daydreamer

AR will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by byrd819
So I guess it's OK to use the TW mf towels until I spring for the autofiber or pakshak ones? What about their terry cloth towels(for drying) and diapers (for polishing)? Are these OK?
beside going microfiber, i don't use anything that's not 100% cotton or has the little cotton sign on the bag. some of the polishing cloths and diapers aren't. so i don't have any experience with them.