Transmission swap post information/Questions about automatic to Manual Transmission swaps

type s swap with automatic?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbopseidon is an unknown quantity at this point
type s swap with automatic?

has anyone taken the base automatic and bolted it up to the type s or is there computer issues? i have an auto and dont want the hassel of doing the 6 spd swap so what are my options here?
Old 01-10-2010
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
Re: type s swap with automatic?

High revving motors don't do well with auto trannys. You'd have to run a very custom computer setup, but hondata doesn't deal with auto ECU's. With the money youd spend youd be better off doing a manual swap. If you're already swapping the motor, the clutch stuff and a shifter parts wont add much in the grand scheme of things.
Old 01-11-2010
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

People on clubrsx have been using kpro with their base automatics. Basically two ecus are used: hondata to control the engine and the stock ecu to control the automatic. I assume this would work to bolt up the auto transmission to whatever k series engine since the engine is being controlled by the kpro ecu. Why not get the automatic k24 out of a tsx?
Old 01-11-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

my brother has reflash with his auto base rsx and its much faster than stock. but why get the lower performing engine, and an auto on top of that to rob more power if you have the choice to swap something better? the price couldnt be much different, its still the same labor. and like skipbarper says, autos are already iffy to start with. plus you would have to figure a way to do all that weird sport shifting setup.
Old 01-13-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbopseidon is an unknown quantity at this point

So the k24 automatic anyone ever put that in?
Old 01-13-2010
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

I've never seen it done but I've always wondered about why nobody ever did it. The only foreseeable swap issue might be the transmission mount.