Engine Management Post information/questions about Engine Management here! It's especially important for Forced Induction (Turbo and SuperCharging) and Engine swaps! What destroys engines are fuel management!

K-Pro for D17!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Redviking is on a distinguished road
K-Pro for D17!!!!

May be a repost...

Finally!!!!!

http://www.hondata.com/kpro_d17.html

Need to read it completly but from what I understand, you can run the K-Pro on the D17 using a donor K serie ECU!

Not cheap.... who will be the first to try it?
Old 03-03-2007
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

varner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of light
thats awesome!
Old 03-03-2007
Registered!!

PaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond repute
WTF?!!??!?!? Will NOT work on Automatics??? That is some muthafukkin shiiiiiiiiet!!!
Old 03-03-2007
Registered!!

susuking is on a distinguished road
wohoo!
Old 03-03-2007
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

varner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of light
haha im glad i just did my auto to manual conversion this would make it easier on me you can turn off the cel correct? and set rev limits?
Old 03-03-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
hmmm....d17 non-vtec turbo....
Old 03-03-2007
Registered!!

_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough
why didnt they do base maps for vtec d17s? losers
Old 03-03-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
the only use i see it being is for turbo setups. n/a would not even be worth a few hp. and there is already the ems out so this doesnt even matter besides being cheaper.
Old 03-03-2007
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

what would you guys prefer if you did a turbo setp the kpro or ems?
Old 03-03-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
So ummm for more than the price of the EMS, this does what different? The only thing I see is that its possibly OBDII "legal".

For the record... I'm contemplating it as I type... gonna call Hondata on monday, see what it does differently and why it needs a new cam gear... does it enable VTC?

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 03-03-2007 at 08:07 PM.
Old 03-03-2007
SuperMODrizd

C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
let see....plug and play......or all this hondata crap.....i think ill keep my EMS
Old 03-03-2007
Registered!!

_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough
that price is on top of already having an ecu.
Old 03-03-2007
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
Apparently non of you understand the implications that are behind a k-pro for a d17. Hondata is theoretically plug and play and is a stand alone ECU in a since. Its #1) more user friendly, #2) they put out updates monthly to give your car the full advantage #3) You can tune on the fly, #4) Is just bad *** #5) is something i would rather have than a piggy back system or AEM crap standalone management system, But hey thats my .02 cents. yall can do what you want, but when you start getting into the bigger number that the turbos bring *ANDYMAN or MEX* i would suggest you get it.
Old 03-03-2007

xproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nice
good thing about this is that if you decide to do the motor swap then GUESS WHAT... you already got one major key component in your system... the KPRO.. it says on the site that once you do a k20 swap just plug in the k20 engine harness and your good to go.. no modification necessary
Old 03-03-2007
Registered!!

fico is an unknown quantity at this point
if anyone needs a PNF (civic si 02) ecu i have one pm me a price
Old 03-03-2007
Registered!!

Hondata1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by _unclejuice
why didnt they do base maps for vtec d17s? losers
Because we tried for three months to find an enthusiastic D17 VTEC owner to loan us their Civic to do a base map for.

There are no losers here. Only winners. You now have more tuning choices.

There is very little HP difference between the VTEC and Non VTEC Civics. THe maps we have provided will run a VTEC Civic OK.

If there are any interested D17 VTEC owners here considering this route then I will personally tune their car if they wish to bring it to our HQ.

Boilermaker. A new cam gear is needed because the D17 spins in the opposite direction to a K engine and the timing teeth are placed in different locations. The cam gear is adjustable. Our dyno testing shows adjusting it makes power even on a stock engine.

Originally Posted by Redviking
Not cheap.... who will be the first to try it?
We do not do cheap. We do the best. We dont release products until they work 100%. Your Civic starts first time and runs like stock.
Old 03-04-2007
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
Hondata1 what gains will civic owners going N/A expect with the basic intake, header, and exhaust and of course tuning from the K-Pro???

i'm sure we would all like to know what to expect before we drop that amount of cash down for your products.
Old 03-04-2007
Registered!!

Our system does not make power. Engines do. We allow your engine to reach full potential through tuning.

We have only tuned a stock and Turbo D17 Non VTEC Civic at this point. My guess is that the gains will be minimal (<10%) for a mildly modified NA D17. You pick up bottom end torque from avancing the ignition and a little top end from the fuel, cam and ignition tuning.

We expect the most interest will come from those who have or are considering forced induction or an engine swap.
Old 03-04-2007

xproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nice
Originally Posted by xproductionz
good thing about this is that if you decide to do the motor swap then GUESS WHAT... you already got one major key component in your system... the KPRO.. it says on the site that once you do a k20 swap just plug in the k20 engine harness and your good to go.. no modification necessary
i still hold to this statement... you can tune ur d17 to run good for a while till you do the swap
Old 03-04-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Good stuff. As much as folks hate the 7th gens, there is finally some decent aftermarket support. Not a lot, but its getting better. Thank you Hondata for giving us another option to tune our bastard child. I would happily loan you my 2003 EX for tuning, now and after it gets boost, but unfortunately I'm in England for another 1.5 years. Thanks very much for putting in the R&D for this K-Pro. +1 folks.
Old 03-04-2007
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
Hondata... are ya'll still working with Shawn Church over there at Church Automotive.

and would said person that you would tune for free, have to purchase the Hondata?

*i already have a k-pro and a K swap, but i have a few friends who live in the area and would be happy to send some your way to get the base vtec maps done*
Old 03-04-2007
Registered!!

HwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura aboutHwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura aboutHwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura about
hondata..what is i have a aem cam gear i just put in?? would i still have to use your guys new cam gear. i have a 5 bolt aem cam gear...
Old 03-04-2007
Registered!!

im guessing you would still have to change the cam gear because they said their cam gear compensates for the d17 spinning the opposite direction as the k20.
Old 03-04-2007
Registered!!

HwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura aboutHwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura aboutHwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura about
when you add up teh price for this with a ecu its almost the same as a ems. which on eis better. i hear good thinsg about both
Old 03-04-2007

Originally Posted by HwNpRyDe_CiViC
when you add up teh price for this with a ecu its almost the same as a ems. which on eis better. i hear good thinsg about both
i say it all depends on what you want to do...some people live by the bible of getting the EMS.. the only thing is that its only good for the single cam motor.. anything after that and your screwed..

so lets say u go and do a motor swap.. so now not only do you have to TRY and sell your EMS but your going to be taking a loss on it by selling it..

then you going to have to cough up the money for the kpro to do the swap..

if you get this first not only can you tune your D17 for all motor and/or turbo but then lets say you decide to swap the k20 motor in there.. then your all set..

and besides.. the kpro software is one of the easiest softwares i have used.. i have all the software on my laptop from the ems to aem to hondata.. only because i use it to check customers cars that come into the shop...

also if someone running the kpro on there D17 has a question about the software.. then that means anyone the software, including the k20 guys can chime in and help a person out...
Old 03-04-2007

oh yea.. another thing... let say u decide to sell the car... and want to sell the kpro.. you can now sell the kpro to 2 different types of people... people who still run the d17 in there cars... and anyone who has a k20 in there car... and that includes people who drive an 02-05 ep3, 02-06 rsx. and everyone else that swaps a motor into there cars.. eg.. ek.. ef.. em.. es.. crx.. and so forth.. well. u get the idea
Old 03-04-2007
Registered!!

so in a nutshell he said kpro is better. i think its great hondata stepped up. and making this thing interchangable between the d17 and k20 is just f'n sweet. it will help the guys that mod their cars in stages. they try to build the d17, isnt fast enough. then they boost, isnt fast enough. then they swap. and they can run one engine management the whole course.
Old 03-04-2007
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
This is fantastic. Hondata makes a good product. Their reputation speaks for it self. Very knowledgeable company that builds quality products. Nothing but good things can come of this.

Don't matter for me anyways since I'm swapped and Kpro'd already.
Old 03-04-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TransformedBG
Hondata... are ya'll still working with Shawn Church over there at Church Automotive.

and would said person that you would tune for free, have to purchase the Hondata?

*i already have a k-pro and a K swap, but i have a few friends who live in the area and would be happy to send some your way to get the base vtec maps done*

We rent the dynos from Church Automotive pretty much every week.

Here is what we would like:

- One turbo D17 VTEC Civic.
- One NA D17 VTEC Civic mildly modified.

The deal is this. We will pay for the installation of the cam wheel and tuning. Probably about 4-5 hours work.

Customer pays for the K-Pro.

California vehicles preferred.
Old 03-04-2007
Premium Member

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light
that is freaking awsome. this should be posted up on the home page. then someone would surely jump all over this. i wanna see just what kind of power can be made. i admit i am a little new to hondata and only know what others have told me about it.

Quick Reply: K-Pro for D17!!!!