Engine Management Post information/questions about Engine Management here! It's especially important for Forced Induction (Turbo and SuperCharging) and Engine swaps! What destroys engines are fuel management!

E-Manage FAQ!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HyaBoosta will become famous soon enough
Ok I found my problem. I updated the firmware and support tool but when I try to update the main unit it will either say corresponding please wait or it will start to update and cut off after 27 sec and say update failed. Any ideas? It says that the support tool is online too.
Old 01-07-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by HyaBoosta
Ok I found my problem. I updated the firmware and support tool but when I try to update the main unit it will either say corresponding please wait or it will start to update and cut off after 27 sec and say update failed. Any ideas? It says that the support tool is online too.
So what firmware are you running?

Did you update the support tool?
Old 01-07-2005

the support tool version is saying v.1.13 (I used the update in the link in this thread)
and I downloaded the firmware but when I get to the point when I update the main unit and click on the new firmware to update thats when it just says corresponding or fails after 27 sec. and the upload only goes 1/2 way
Old 01-07-2005
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
the support tool version is saying v.1.13 (I used the update in the link in this thread)
and I downloaded the firmware but when I get to the point when I update the main unit and click on the new firmware to update thats when it just says corresponding or fails after 27 sec. and the upload only goes 1/2 way
THAT'S WEIRD.
Old 01-07-2005

wurd^^
Old 01-08-2005

got it fixed but I can't find the rpm wire. in the write up it says it's the blue wire in connector A in pin 7 but in the wire write up it says\
Connector A (31 Pins)
1-blk/wht-Primary O2 sensor heater control
2-yel/blk-Power Source
3-yel/blk-Power source
4-blk-Power ground
5-blk-Power ground
6-wht-Primary O2 sensor
7-blu-Crankshaft position<-------?
8-yel-Sensor return volt
9-red/blu-Knock sensor
10-grn/yel-Sensor ground
11-grn/wht-Sensor ground
12-blk/red-Idle air control valve
13-wht/blk-EGR Valve position VTEC ONLY
14-blk/wht-Secondary O2 sensor heater control
15-red/blk-Throttle position sensor
18-wht/grn-Vehicle speed sensor
19-grn/red-MAP Sensor
20-yel/blu-Sensor Voltage Supply
21-yel/red-Sensor Voltage Supply
23-brn/yel-Logic ground
24-brn/yel-logic ground
25-wht/red-Secondary O2 Sensor
26-grn-Top dead center sensor
27-brn-Igniton coil 4
28-wht/blu-coil 3
29-blu/red-coil 2
30-yel/grn-coil 1
Old 01-08-2005
Jam out with your clam out.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
the rpm wire is also int he engine bay if you dont wanna search for it in the connectors. it is a blue wire by the passenger side headlight
Old 01-11-2005
7thgen Power Maker

got it fixed but I can't find the rpm wire. in the write up it says it's the blue wire in connector A in pin 7 but in the wire write up it says\
What write up?
Old 01-13-2005

abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
hya - what did you do to fix it? mine is doing the same thing now
Old 01-14-2005

does it say online on the bottom of the support tool? did you update the main unit with the .p file?
Old 01-14-2005

it says online, but it still says that even when the support tool is unplugged

i am trying to update the main unit, but it is trying to connect with it and it just keep on going, but it never does anything.
Old 01-26-2005
SuperMODrizd

C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
new emanage forum

link is in this thread
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=193954
Old 02-12-2005

Lookin at the diagram, for the input on the ignition harness, that goes go the ECU and the output goes tot he e-manage, right?
Old 02-12-2005

^ the answer to that is yes because i just wired it up and it is working now
Old 03-09-2005
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
k i got my e-manage. and i opened it to see what it was all about and i saw a boost thing you clip in. what goes into that? do i need to buy somehting else, or will whatever i have for my turbo kit clip into that? thanks
Old 03-09-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Pressure sensor!
Old 03-09-2005
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
uh thank god i have everything then...thanks smuggler..heres a rep. its says i cant rep you no more.
Old 03-09-2005

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
lmao, thx
Old 03-09-2005
One Slow Civic.... But I can take turns pretty well :-)

Blahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trusted
is there any maps for the non turbo d17's?
Old 03-09-2005

^^What kind of N/A power would you be putting out that you would need an e-manage?
Old 03-09-2005

Blahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trusted
I don't know, I jsut saw there was a topic for maps of the n/a but no maps. I just want to have some power out of it until I get my turbo. The emange is cheaper so, I'll prob get that first.
Old 03-09-2005

Hmmm, I would leave the settings stock, I don't think your going to be getting ANY more power out of a stock engine
Old 03-09-2005

hmm, true. Maybe I should just buy it and let it sit around till I get my turbo? Or wait till I get the turbo.
Old 03-09-2005

I'm doing that, chillen in my glovebox
Old 03-09-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
I'm doing that, chillen in my glovebox
Best spot for it on the 7thgen
Old 03-09-2005

I wanna get it, but I'm worried what If it doesn't work when I actually wanna use it, then its too late to return it.
Old 03-09-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by Blahman2
I wanna get it, but I'm worried what If it doesn't work when I actually wanna use it, then its too late to return it.
It will work. It worked for us. Just follow the instructions here on this thread.
Old 03-16-2005
Registered!!

do these wiring diagrams work for a 04 civic?
Old 03-16-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by exturbo6
do these wiring diagrams work for a 04 civic?
I assume it would work. Don't think Honda would have changed the ECU wiring at all. Check with your local Honda dealer to verify.
Old 03-16-2005

Originally Posted by dezod
I assume it would work. Don't think Honda would have changed the ECU wiring at all. Check with your local Honda dealer to verify.
Mhmmmmm, don't ask Honda they're all idiots...

Quick Reply: E-Manage FAQ!!!!!!!!!