Safety/Security Items - SRS, Keys, Immobilizer, airbags, ABS Post your safety, security questions here! Airbags, Keys (immobilizer)

02 civic immobilizer removal?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shavalavo is an unknown quantity at this point
02 civic immobilizer removal?

I'm having problems with my immobilizer and it's not in my budget to take it into the dealer right now. Is there a way to remove/disable the immobilizer so that I can drive it? the car is mechanically sound other than the immobilizer issue. I don't care about security, she has alot of miles and I just need something to get me to work til I can get a new car.

any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 11-25-2018
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all
Re: 02 civic immobilizer removal?

Just to note, this will also disable the computer from being able to shutdown the fuel pump in a crash which may result in killing everyone so use at your own risk.

The immobilizer controls power to the fuel pump relay behind the glove box.

Remove the fuel pump relay and jumper the appropriate 2 connectors in that socket.

Your green light will flash, but otherwise your driving.
Old 11-25-2018
Registered!!

Shavalavo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Slumpertcivic
Just to note, this will also disable the computer from being able to shutdown the fuel pump in a crash which may result in killing everyone so use at your own risk.

The immobilizer controls power to the fuel pump relay behind the glove box.

Remove the fuel pump relay and jumper the appropriate 2 connectors in that socket.

Your green light will flash, but otherwise your driving.
ah, thanks! doesnt the immobilizer disable spark as well?
Old 11-25-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,126 Likes on 941 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Nope
Old 11-26-2018
Registered!!

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
NDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of light

In case it is a problem with the key, try the other keys?
Old 01-18-2019
Registered!!

Bdparis03civic is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm having same issue but mine has enabled the plugs and injectors also I need it fixed on budget someone broke in and cut all the wires so I had to wire up push button and toggle switch but still nothing they cut all the wires to the immobilizer and security trying to steal the car I need help someone please
Old 01-18-2019
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all

What your describing is a horrific event that has happened to your car.

You could easily spend hundreds (thousands) of dollars to a shop to try to find and repair all the damages, and still end up with a car that won’t run.

If this was my car,
I would find a similar model at a pick a part junkyard.
Verify it has a unmolested dash and wire harness.

Discuss with the junkyard manager what you intend to do and agree upon a price they will sell you the harnesses for in writing. (More than once I have had them backtrack and say ohhh you didn’t say that part, it’s twice as much)

Pull the existing dash and wire harness out of the current car paying special note to every tool I need to accomplish the job, and what unexpected things I broke trying to get it out.
Pack a lunch and head to the junkyard with the same set of tools.
Remove the dash and all the harnesses and extra bits broken at home.

Arrive back home, install harnesses and try to start car before putting dash back together.

Old 01-18-2019
Registered!!

I've read that you can decide saulder it from ecu but I need to know location of chip I could try it first if that doesn't work I don't have the money to replace right now but I will be forced to sell but really trying to avoid sense it's my dd
Old 01-18-2019
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Whomever vandalized the car was certainly an amateur or a kid, not a professional thief IMO.

Got insurance?

I'd be fixing the wiring or replacing wiring as necessary
Old 01-18-2019
Registered!!

Just liability does cover that yeah I got most of it just don't know what all I need hooked up
Old 02-09-2020
Registered!!

01civex is an unknown quantity at this point

The fuel pump relay bypass witch 2 wires do I jump across?
Old 02-10-2020
Super Moderator

Received 1,845 Likes on 1,298 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

Replied to your other thread. No need to revive this one.
Old 07-13-2020
Super Moderator

BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

Injectors and/or ignition is disabled too. Jumping fuel pump relay to bypass immobilizer does not work.
Old 07-15-2020
Super Moderator

Download a copy of the service manual and run through the troubleshooting steps.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...pdated-13.html
Old 08-09-2020
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
James Roark has a spectacular aura aboutJames Roark has a spectacular aura aboutJames Roark has a spectacular aura about

What about these remote start bypass units i keep running in to in my research about immobilizers and bypassing them, I know ive already mentioned my green light isnt coming on, so do these take the signal from your key chip straight to the ecu? I know some of them have a box that u leave a key in and some have a loop of wire i assume that goes around the key chip to activate/read it, but theyre always marked as Immobilizer Bypass Units, so i was wondering if anyone knew more about them...

this one is marked as Immobilizer override solution

https://www.directechs.com/VehicleCo...jn2yml7eqCqWwE

Last edited by James Roark; 08-09-2020 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Added picture
Old 08-09-2020
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James Roark
What about these remote start bypass units
You didn't tell us that you had an aftermarket remote start system installed

Return to the installer for a recheck
Old 08-12-2020
Registered!!

James Roark has a spectacular aura aboutJames Roark has a spectacular aura aboutJames Roark has a spectacular aura about

I dont, sorry I guess my real question is do these things bypass the immobilizer system or does the immobilzer system have to be working and these are only used for remote start systems. In other words since my immobilizer light isnt coming on, something in the mix is messed up so could i use one of these to get around the immobilizer system? Even though ii dont want to install a remote start or push button start...
Old 08-12-2020
Super Moderator

Remote start systems do no bypass the immobilizer. Usually there is another key in the dash that sends the correct messages to allow the car to start.
Old 10-10-2020
Registered!!

Changed my transponder or whatever its called (the part in the steering column that reads the chip in the key) now my light is back on and flashing so do i only need to do a key program procedure or do i need something to actually reprogram my new transponder (thats the only part that ive changed) still have original keys, lock cylinder, and ecu
Old 10-15-2020
Super Moderator

The immobilizer will need programmed now. I'm unsure if a locksmith can do it or if a Honda dealer needs to.