Suspension Post your issues with Suspension here! Suspension will cover from Steering Column (Steer Wheel is in interior), Suspension, Bearing and Hubs

Issues on left turns (cornering w/e) lol

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2019
Car Audio Inc

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
thornygravy is an unknown quantity at this point
Issues on left turns (cornering w/e) lol

This issue has been here since I got the car in 2016..

When I corner right, it feels smooth and glued to the road as butter.. turning left or cornering left on the other hand feels off. It's pretty much always felt harder to turn left in this car, I feel the body kinda dip to the right (maybe it's in my head I dunno.)

Here's what has been done to the suspension (I needed these things, but I was hoping the problem would disappear as a byproduct.) :

First I was getting a routine check up & the tech noticed I had a "cracked front left LCA" so that was replaced. All the sway bar end links look brand new to me.

I bought Tein Street Advance Z coilovers & TruHart rear camber arms. Took me a while to get the ride height even because of the weird slant my driveway is on so I basically ate my front tires away because I never got an alignment. So fast forward a couple months and I got new rims (didn't need these lol) & tires, and finally decided to get a lifetime alignment at firestone, just cuz clearly I'm OCD about the ride height.

Something I did notice, the multiple times I was under the car was that the passenger front tie rod boot kinda gooped on me as I touched it.

I'm making a thread because I've had problems searching and results that only affect turning one direction. Any help would be appreciate.. I'm a total suspension noob I guess.
Old 06-23-2019
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all
Re: Issues on left turns (cornering w/e) lol

Originally Posted by thornygravy
I had a "cracked front left LCA" so that was replaced. All the sway bar end links look brand new to me.
Typically LCA and trailing arms that have issues will result in “wandering” at speed or in corners.

If there is unibody damage from hitting pothole \ curb \ off-road use by the previous owner, the wheels can be aligned to go forward, but still be off geometrically which will result in different turning tendencies.

But when it’s all said and done, brand new these cars were never known for great cornering so you might just be experiencing the design limits of the car itself.

Try checking your local junkyard for a RSX or even better RSX type S and yanking our the sway bar and anything else you can unbolt..
Old 06-25-2019
Car Audio Inc

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
thornygravy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Issues on left turns (cornering w/e) lol

So body damage huh? well that sucks to hear if it's the case.

I'm hoping maybe firestone just ****ed up on the alignment.. wouldn't be the first time in history. Just a side note, the rims I brought to them, I took the wheel weights off for painting.. they didn't add any new weights, which.. I'd be surprised if these wheels are even balanced.

Anyways, thanks for you time & input.