Transmission Post your issues with Transmissions here! Transmission covers from Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles.

Car shakes when letting clutch out

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2021
Jaybron

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jaybron is an unknown quantity at this point
Car shakes when letting clutch out

05 Civic EX 5MT shakes a bit only in 1st and 2nd when letting the clutch out. Not sure if it's clutch issues or motor mount issues. It doesn't do it every time but I just got this car and that's one of the issues I'm having.

Last edited by Jaybron; 01-07-2021 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-08-2021
Super Moderator

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,322 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of
Re: Car shakes when letting clutch out

Could be clutch chatter.

"Clutch chatter is the initial shudder that occurs when a faulty clutch disk or clutch component first engages. This shudder or vibration may vibrate throughout the entire vehicle. It's often the result of worn or contaminated clutch components."

I have a 5 speed CRV that sometimes shudders when releasing the clutch, especially when slipping the clutch for more than a few seconds. Previous owner said the clutch was new, I'm guessing they didn't resurface the flywheel when doing so.
The following users liked this post:
Jaybron (02-12-2021)
Old 01-08-2021
Prelude Owner

Received 305 Likes on 215 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Car shakes when letting clutch out

Yeah sounds like clutch chatter like Brotato said.
The following users liked this post:
Jaybron (01-17-2021)