Transmission Post your issues with Transmissions here! Transmission covers from Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles.

One CV axle works but not the other.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2020
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Perfectionist is an unknown quantity at this point
Question One CV axle works but not the other.

Replacing a input shaft bearing has turned into a **** show. I got everything back together, the front is still lifted off the ground with no wheels on yet. I go into first gear and the passenger side CV axle rotates but drivers side does not. I dont hear any grinding sounds or anything. If I turn the car off I can rotate the drivers side CV axle in neutral smoothly. I would have liked to test it in 2,3,4,5 but i cant right now because I haven't created enough pressure in the Clutch line yet, I'm having issues bleeding the air out. Back to the CV axle though, HELP!

I cant find anything on this in Google.
Old 06-21-2020
Registered!!

Re: One CV axle works but not the other.

I drive a Honda Civic 2004 DX Manual
Old 06-21-2020
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Are you on jack stands rotating one wheel by hand and expecting the other wheel to spin with it?
Old 06-21-2020
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Are you on jack stands rotating one wheel by hand and expecting the other wheel to spin with it?
I took the pad retainer off both sides and now they both turn. There was hardly any resistance that I felt turning it but now they both turn in 1st gear with the brakes off. Forgive me, idk what I'm doing.
Old 06-21-2020
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, that's what I was trying to determine. Was gonna say, you can turn one wheel and the other wheel won't turn with it.

As far as you not knowing what you're doing, no worries my dude. We've all been there. Putting forth the effort to learn how to do things yourself is where most people fail, and you're far from failing that aspect.

Also, lucky for you that this forum started off as a 7thgen specific forum, so there's more knowledge here for the 7thgen than any other generation