Transmission Post your issues with Transmissions here! Transmission covers from Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles.

Need help Is my transmission done

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Madmad is an unknown quantity at this point
Need help Is my transmission done

hey so recently bought a car (2004 honda civic coupe em2) and friend was driving it home than it pooped out On my way! Home

a rod blew threw the oil pan and i jusy bought a engine for it but im worried the transmission is cooked too my friend said it grinded a lil he thinks when the engine blew so my questions is

how can i know if the tranny is good or not

how can i get it fixed cheapest way possible im very poor

i have a personal mechanic to put everything on i just need know some more information to know what to buy and what not would like for it to be rebuilt if anything and since cant find any manual em2 transmissions please help
Old 06-05-2018
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all
Re: Need help Is my transmission done

Usually the engine tears itself apart lwherever something was jamming it up, before the axle joints fail and the transmission splines start pulling apart and grinding teeth as a last strongest part to go in a driveline.

Did your front wheels lock up and you went skidding off the road then the engine blew?

When I was looking for used salvage 7th gen it was a 30 to 1 ratio of car with auto vs manual. They are out there just keep looking in junkyards or Craigslist
Old 06-05-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Madmad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Slumpertcivic
Usually the engine tears itself apart lwherever something was jamming it up, before the axle joints fail and the transmission splines start pulling apart and grinding teeth as a last strongest part to go in a driveline.

Did your front wheels lock up and you went skidding off the road then the engine blew?

When I was looking for used salvage 7th gen it was a 30 to 1 ratio of car with auto vs manual. They are out there just keep looking in junkyards or Craigslist
No they never locked up the engine blew than car shut off and was stopped with ebrake and the car moves fine just thw front right wheel makes a little scraping sound when i pushed car down block very similar to the sound of a disk brake rubbing

Last edited by Madmad; 06-05-2018 at 12:33 PM.
Old 06-05-2018
Super Moderator

Received 1,895 Likes on 1,335 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

I have a manual trans out of an '02 sitting in my garage. If you are anywhere near Ohio send me a PM.