Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

Mysterious blue cable.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2020
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Forpaul is an unknown quantity at this point
Mysterious blue cable.

2005 honda civic, d17a1 with 5 speed manual.
pulled the engine and I can not figure out what this blue cable is and what it is hooked to. IPlease help!

Old 07-11-2020
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,138 Likes on 952 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: Mysterious blue cable.

Based on the second picture it looks like it controls the heater valve
Old 07-11-2020
Registered!!

Dang, your good! I just looked that up and it sure is! Appreciate the quick response!
Old 07-13-2020
Super Moderator

Received 1,895 Likes on 1,335 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

I hope you're planning on cleaning/repainting the engine bay. You pulled way more than necessary to get the engine out
The following users liked this post:
Forpaul (07-13-2020)
Old 07-13-2020
Registered!!

I am repainting the bay, appreciate the concern
Colin42 (07-13-2020)
Old 07-13-2020
Super Moderator

BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

Looking good
Old 07-13-2020
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,159 Likes on 807 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, you've gone this far, might as well K-swap the beast at this point

jk, looking good
The following 2 users liked this post by xRiCeBoYx:
Colin42 (07-13-2020), Forpaul (07-13-2020)
Old 07-13-2020
Registered!!

I am lol just got the block back from getting "cylinder support system" and now waiting on getting the head back from porting and valve job.
during the down time of the engine I am trying to get all the engine bay, suspension, brake/5 lug swap done.
Old 07-13-2020
Super Moderator

What engine are you running?
Forpaul (07-13-2020)
Old 07-13-2020
Registered!!

K20a2. Bored .5 over with traum 10:1 pistons with manely rods. All new bearing and bc 625+bolts. Full arp head studs.
bc valve train. New seals and exaust guides. Bc intake and super tech inconel exaust valves.
bc stage 2 forced induction cams with skunk 2 cam gears.
the list goes on and on. I have alot more parts to list that I have and even more that I am in the process of getting
BrotatoChip (07-13-2020)
Old 07-13-2020
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,159 Likes on 807 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

So... when's your build thread coming? No lie, I said the k20 swap just joking, but now stoked that you're actually doing it. lol
The following 2 users liked this post by xRiCeBoYx:
BrotatoChip (07-13-2020), Forpaul (07-13-2020)
Old 07-13-2020
Super Moderator

We all enjoy build threads!
Forpaul (07-13-2020)
Old 07-13-2020
Registered!!

I might sit down in the next few weeks and get everyone caught up with part updates and build updates along with all the pictures I have.
I have a k swap album on my facebook documenting it.
this build means alot, this was my late brothers carr. He always wanted a high horsepower turbo build. He passed away 1 1/2 years ago. Car sat for a year covered in my driveway while I debated what to do with it.
now I am about 7 to 8 months and thousands upon thousands of dollars in with end in sight this time next year.
Will be a weekend 100%street warrior with power goals of 6 to 7 low and 9 on kill if need be.
Old 07-13-2020
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Forpaul
He passed away 1 1/2 years ago.
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure he appreciates you continuing on with the project
Forpaul (07-13-2020)