Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

Which Amazon Head Gasket Kit to Buy? D17a2

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leafraker is an unknown quantity at this point
Which Amazon Head Gasket Kit to Buy? D17a2

Hello,

I recently got a $200 amazon gift card, and I also have a real nice coolant to exhaust leak on my 04 D17a2 coupe. It's somewhat slow but my girlfriend noticed how my exhaust looks when I start my car in the morning. Anyways, I foolishly tried a head-gasket-clogger thing, that didn't work. I've been putting straight water in my engine for a while now, so it's also probably a rust bucket.

I plan on doing a citrus rust removal thing I heard about, then doing the head gasket + water pump + timing belt. Pretty sure I damaged the water pump with the gasket clogger, but I'd rather do a good job fixing my car anyways. I'm not incredibly experienced with cars, but I have done a few things including my clutch before. Don't have the money for a mechanic so I'm doing it myself apart from the machining.

My main question how to find out what kit to buy. I see many different ones on amazon -- some with head bolts, some with extra little gaskets, or other small things that I'm not totally sure of yet. I'm really not sure how to filter out a good kit from a bad one, or useful components from extraneous ones. Does anyone have any advice on how to filter some options out? They range from $60-$200+. I want to buy decent parts, but I'm also a college student that's not made of moneybags. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 11-03-2019
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Which Amazon Head Gasket Kit to Buy? D17a2

buy the kit that states Honda Genuine(or/oem).
Old 11-03-2019
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,156 Likes on 806 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Part numbers in my sig in the headgasket link.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...arts-list.html
Old 11-07-2019
Registered!!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
guitarsnlikker is an unknown quantity at this point

Test the hypothesis that the cheapest one is crap.
Old 11-07-2019
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,156 Likes on 806 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guitarsnlikker
Test the hypothesis that the cheapest one is crap.