Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

D17 Engine jerking

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mayorz is an unknown quantity at this point
D17 Engine jerking

Hello!

I would need your help! Unfortunately here in Hungary no any mechanical can give exact solution for my problem written below, what perhaps could be a serial problem in 7gen civics (I have an 2001' non-VTEC Civic coupe). In this lucky case I hope that somebody from you has already met this problem and knows the solution!

Well, briefly my problem is the following:
if I drive off directly after ignition the revolution is dropping, the car is jerking and the engine is near the stalling. This symptom takes for 10-15sec again and again. Is seems that the problem occurs only if the engine is cold, or if the car is standing for a while. Because if the engine reaches the operating temperature, everything will working fine, I can go hundreds Km (miles) without any misbehavior...
For example: engine is warm and working properly -> ignition off -> waiting for 30min -> ignition on -> the mentioned problem occurs. BUT if I waiting short time - let say 5min - between the ignition switchings the problem won't come out...

My mechanical has a hint: the injectors has gone off and they should have been replaced, but it is only a hint, he cannot confirm by measurements.
The 4 pieces of injectors cost about 500$ here in Hungary, what is too much money for me if later would turn out that the source of problem was totally different...

If anybody knows this problem in own car, or just have an idea what the hell is this, please reply this comment!
Thank you very much for any answer in advance!

Regards,
major
Old 08-27-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: D17 Engine jerking

Major, I have an extra set of D17 injectors I will send you. PM me your mailing address and I'll see how much it costs to get them to you tomorrow. It shouldn't be too bad since I'm in the UK and can use other the US mail on base or Royal Mail or DHL out in town.
Old 08-27-2007
Registered!!

mayorz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: D17 Engine jerking

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Major, I have an extra set of D17 injectors I will send you. PM me your mailing address and I'll see how much it costs to get them to you tomorrow. It shouldn't be too bad since I'm in the UK and can use other the US mail on base or Royal Mail or DHL out in town.
PM has sent you...