Electrical Post your questions about electrical issues here!

Interior trim piece question

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2022
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
SKcivic is a jewel in the roughSKcivic is a jewel in the roughSKcivic is a jewel in the rough
Interior trim piece question

I have a 2002 Honda Civic EX Coupe, automatic, dark gray interior (USA spec.)

I’m installing an aftermarket fog light kit. I planned to put the switch next to the cigarette lighter / 12 volt power source. My Civic has two vertical blank switch panels, just to the left of the 12 volt power source / cigarette lighter. This is where I planned to install the factory looking aftermarket fog light switch.

Apparently, I need a single switch panel, where the single switch is mounted horizontally, next to the 12 volt power source / cigarette lighter.

Can someone point me in the correct direction for what year (7th generation), trim / specification level that I should be looking for, so as I can buy the needed part?

Old 03-06-2022
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,131 Likes on 945 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: Interior trim piece question

Pictures?
Old 03-07-2022
Super Moderator

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,322 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

I had the same issue. All the aftermarket fog light kits give you a switch the wrong size. The switch would fit in the slots to the left of the steering wheel but because you have an EX they are all already taken (cruise main and sunroof). I think the proper sized trim piece you're talking about was a 2001 thing maybe. It would be easiest to go walk around in a junkyard to find the right one.

On mine I originally modified the stock trim piece to accommodate the larger switch. The switch that came with my kit looked stupid cheap so I actually wired it up to another cruise main switch. Then one day in the junkyard I found an OEM fog light switch. Replaced the trim piece with another stock one and wired in the OEM switch instead.
Old 03-11-2022
Registered!!

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
gatrhumpy1 is a glorious beacon of lightgatrhumpy1 is a glorious beacon of lightgatrhumpy1 is a glorious beacon of lightgatrhumpy1 is a glorious beacon of lightgatrhumpy1 is a glorious beacon of lightgatrhumpy1 is a glorious beacon of light

I have an OEM fog light switch for sale on the For Sale section. Check it out.
The following users liked this post:
BrotatoChip (03-14-2022)