I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

OEM Fog Switch Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zigroyd is an unknown quantity at this point
OEM Fog Switch Question

This is an OEM switch for an 02 civic. Anyone know what each of the 5 pins are for? I'm assuming there is a power in, power out to relay, ground, and two for the two different switch illuminations, one for the green on light and one for the white lighting when the dash lights are on. I don't know which is which and thought someone here might have a diagram or might previously have figured this out. Any help would be appreciated as I don't want to blow the switch putting the power onto the wrong pin. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_18891.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	76702   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_18951.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	76703  
Old 06-14-2009
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: OEM Fog Switch Question

Here you go, http://www.7thgenhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6813
Old 06-14-2009
Registered!!

Awesome! Thanks so much, can't believe I couldn't find this myself. I'll be hooking everything up tonight so I'll let you know how it works out.
Old 06-15-2009
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light

I've done this and the only thing I dont like is that the switch is recessed into the switch hole in the console and I had to trim a bit of the console to get it to fit.
Old 06-15-2009
Registered!!

I finally got everything hooked up and working. I actually have five different wires running into the switch to get everything working properly, which is a little different then what the other guy did. In order for me to get the white light on the switch to light up, I had to tap into the dash light illumination on the cruise control switch, this way the switch lights up white like all the other lights in the car. It took me some time to figure everything out, even with the other post you linked, but here are the conclusions I came to. Some of the stuff the other guy figured out in that other forum was right, but I figured some other things out as well.

Going along with the same number scheme he used,

1 is Ground
2 is White light 12v in (source supplied when head/parking lights on)
3 is 12v out (to relay)
4 is White light ground
5 is 12v in

At first everything was working but the white light and I couldn't figure it out for the life of me. I realized by accident with a test light that there was actually a ground needed for the white light. I thought the bulb might have been bad or there was a shitty connection in the switch, but once I realized there actually has to be two grounds going into the switch everything worked fine. Now, everything is working as an OEM switch should. Maybe someone else could make these findings useful. Thanks again!
Old 06-17-2009
Registered!!

That's pretty much what was listed and I wired up the illumination pin to my radio.