Electrical Post your questions about electrical issues here!

Tail lights, head light tone, climate control lights out

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Junkyard-lx is an unknown quantity at this point
Tail lights, head light tone, climate control lights out

Hello all, so this issue started about 10 days ago on my 2005 civic lx manual. So the problem I’m having is my tail lights, center console lights, liscense plate light and tone that tells you that your lights are on do not work. I remember taking out my center console around the time this happened because I was changing where my rca’s for my sub were running.
It kinda sounds like an issue with whatever switch goes from the **** on the light handle.
Some stuff that isn’t affected by it, is the gauge cluster lights, aftermarket radio, head lights, interior dome lighting, door locks, reverse lights, brake lights, turn signals or window switches.
I would appreciate any help you guys have for this, I’m kinda green with all the electrical stuff but have access to a DMM if that can help.
Here are some pictures with the car running and the lights on.

Last edited by Junkyard-lx; 02-19-2019 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Adding picture of radio
Old 02-18-2019
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tail lights, head light tone, climate control lights out

Check all fuses ?
Old 02-18-2019
Registered!!

I did a visual check on all the fuses when I realized it, but I can do a check with the DMM.
Old 02-19-2019
Registered!!

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
NDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of light

Some aftermarket stereos have an dash illumination circuit that when hooked up to the car can cause issues. Unplug this connections on the back of head unit if present and see if that helps.

Better if you could show the back of the head unit and the connections you made to the hook it up to the car so other audiophiles (unlike me) can help you out.
Old 02-19-2019
Registered!!

Originally Posted by NDNV
Some aftermarket stereos have an dash illumination circuit that when hooked up to the car can cause issues. Unplug this connections on the back of head unit if present and see if that helps.

Better if you could show the back of the head unit and the connections you made to the hook it up to the car so other audiophiles (unlike me) can help you out.
for sure, I’ll go do that. Something else that doesn’t work is the lights that flash when I lock or unlock the car. Not sure if this assists a diagnosis in any way. But it figured it’s worth a try.
Old 02-19-2019
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,126 Likes on 941 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Get rid of that marrette and make a proper connection. do you have 4 wires in that?
also tape up the ends of those orange wires so that the bare copper can't touch anything
Old 02-19-2019
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Colin42
Get rid of that marrette and make a proper connection. do you have 4 wires in that?
also tape up the ends of those orange wires so that the bare copper can't touch anything
That wire is my remote turn on for my sub. There’s no problem with any of that stuff, these problems have only started about 10 days ago. I’ve had the setup with the radio in the car for about a year and a half with no issues. But I’ll tape off the wires and all.
Old 02-21-2019
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Is the "small lights" fuse open ??
Old 02-21-2019
Registered!!

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
NDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of light

Check the #2 (15A) fuse in the Under-Hood Fuse/Relay Box. It protects the following circuits:
  1. Audio Unit.
  2. Dash Lights.
  3. Front Parking Lights.
  4. Front Side Marker Lights.
  5. Heater Control Panel.
  6. Inner Taillights.
  7. License Plate Lights
  8. Taillights