Importing Civics to Canada

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BC_MKV is an unknown quantity at this point
Importing Civics to Canada

Hi Guys,

I've been a member over at golfmkv.com for a while now (one of your competitors in the hot-hatch sector, I know). I shared the information and helped a few people over there so I thought I'd do the same here.

Well, last February I picked up my GTI from the USA. Mint condition, low kms, all the options I wanted and..... $7,000 less than the ones in my province/province beside me! Before that I saved quite an amount of money on an Acura RSX (kinda miss the V-Tec)

(I had to pay an extra 6.1% duty on my vehicle being German.. since Honda is produced in N. America you don´t have to pay that!)

The price I negotiated it down to (from Texas) was $15,000! lol... Of course, of course there is duty/taxes etc. The final price though sitting in my driveway was around $19,000CAD (and I had them ship up brand new winters as well as the summer tires).

The process took a while though and was frustrating even when looking online for help. Many people have the problem of wanting to import a car from the USA but not knowing where to start. I decided to solve the problem..

I spent about 2 months making the "Easy Guide to Importing". Breaking down the steps in a one-by-one fashion. If you guys wanna check it out and tell me what you think that'd be much appreciated! Spread the word too if you know anyone who's been looking at doing it.

www.easyimporting.ca

Hope this helps for anyone who´s been looking into it! Let me know what you think!

P.S. The Guide on the website is completely free! There is an option to buy the complete kit (more vid tutorials, tips, secrets, etc) but the guide is offered free to everyone