Interior Post your questions about interior parts here! Seats, consoles, etc

scuffed lcd screen

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2020
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gkooz is an unknown quantity at this point
scuffed lcd screen

I have a 2020 honda civic lx that i pulled a doofus move on. I wiped my lcd screen with a dry microfiber cloth and must have rubbed a little too vigorously. Yes I know dont use a dry cloth on lcd screen but I did. lol . I have a two fold question-- (1) is there a quick fix for this problem or (2) do i have to replace either the lcd screen or the whole radio mechanism. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-01-2020
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: scuffed lcd screen

Does that scratch affect the operation of the unit? .
You may not care about the scratch after you hear the price to replace it.
Old 08-01-2020
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,156 Likes on 806 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, that's all one piece, unlike the infotainment touchscreen ones.
Old 08-03-2020
Registered!!

Thanks for the responses. @ezone lol thanks for that info. Thats why im dreading to call Honda.
Old 08-03-2020
Registered!!

@ezone and @ xriceboyx you were both right. Just called Honda and they said $750.00 - 800.00 dollars. Ain't that a damn shame. Paid $21000 for the whole damn car and a scratched lcd screen will cost almost $1000.00 to fix. lol. Again thanks for the input. If anyone has a cheaper fix that would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-03-2020
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,156 Likes on 806 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

$180 on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-2020-H...IAAOSwQEteksEn

it comes out fairly easily.. pop off the 2 "boomerang" trim pieces, 2 screws and some gentle prying to take off the HVAC controls, i think another 2-4 screws and more gentle prying for the head unit
Old 08-03-2020
Registered!!

@xriceboyx thank you very much for the info. Unfortunately I am mechanically deficient so I am probably going to live with the scratch or go to my neighbor and steal his brand new HONda Civic LX and hopefully he wont notice. Again thanks for the info everyone. Oh wait i had someone tell me that putting on a scratch protector might hide the scratch. Has anyone heard of this and does it work?
Old 08-04-2020
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't affect the operation of the unit. I sure wouldn't worry abut it.