Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

2Fast 2Furious Advance Screening!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2003
Yes, it's an Acura EL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
2Fast 2Furious Advance Screening!!!

Aight before I get into this let me tell you that I laughed throughout the whole first movie. It was that unrealistic and horribly acted. I went into this flick anticipating the same, but grateful for the free movie.
The first 10 minutes of the movie jumped right into the huge tub of adrenaline that its makers wanted you to feel, but you knew right away who was going to finish first... your favourite prevails, kiddies. The driving scenes, while, again, rather unrealistic at times, had me gripping my seat handle. Great angles and sound effects had me watching so intently I forgot to laugh at the steering-wheel -mounted nitrous and the neons that were on through the whole race scene. Some nice daytime driving too. One complaint - too many shots of them shifting.
There was lamentably little music off the soundtrack in the movie itself. I'm sure most of the songs actually played, but they were either very short, or put in as background noise.
Ludacris's fro was great. That asian girl playing Suki had herself a great little bod, but sub-par acting skills. Plus all I could hear was my buddy sayin "I'd hit that" over and over with every woman in this movie. EVERY woman was incredible. I'd see it again just for them. Paul Walker was his usual sentimental self, and I tired of him rather quickly, but his pretend driving was fun enough that I endured his woo-hoos. Tyrese's character was my favourite, he definitely whooped it up in this flick. Almost everything he did cracked up the whole theatre.
The plot centres around (get this) a mobster of some sort needing good drivers to take his money from one place to another. Nuff said, I dun wanna give it away, as you have surely already guessed the rest. Frankly I was too focused on 'cris's huge fro to really watch the plot.
This movie had even less technical car stuff than the first, and some rather shady "mods" that stuck out just because they were integral to the plot somehow. A few holes you could drive a truck through, but also a good number of laughs.
I'm not gonna go into detail on the cars, let's just say all your favourites, from the lowly Civic, to the S2K to the Skyline, were all represented...there is one scene in the second half where everyone was cheering, including myself...you'll love it. I won't spoil it for you.
So yeah I wish I was an actual movie review guy so I could write a coherent review, but this is the first one you're likely gonna read by an actual car guy. So I give it a 6/10. I loved the cars, women, Ludacris, and driving scenes, but the holes in the plot and very bad acting in some spots really kinda made me laugh quite a bit. Oh, and you will soon have a new catch phrase to replace the mighty Vin's "I live my life a quarter-mile at a time"....Go see it on a Tuesday, it's definitely worth a cheapie nite.
Thanks mucho to Mike P at Speedbump who linked me and my ClubEL boys with some tix.

Last edited by TeLLy; 06-05-2003 at 11:21 PM.
Old 06-06-2003
Registered!!

1llmatic will become famous soon enough
lol...cmon...the 1st one had some great lines...
'you never had your car'
'i live my life....i'm free"
'i need nos..."
'i never narced on nobody'
hahahaha
Old 06-06-2003
Registered!!

Hachiman is an unknown quantity at this point
Who gives a $h!t?
Old 06-09-2003
Registered!!

BlueTroll is an unknown quantity at this point
man..... 2fast2furious had to be.... i mean... IS the worst movie i have ever seen...... the story was ****..... the acting was terrible..... the girls was ugly...... goddam..... it was 2hrs of my life i will never get back.... and i even watched the movie for free.... **** if i paid to go watch it... i would've cried afterwards......

only good thing was the GTR in the beginning.......
Old 06-09-2003
Registered!!

CUE2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
YEAH the GTR was well worth the money IMO... the movie was not as everyone expected of course. But I think I would've been able to come up with a better plot or storyline than that. IMO, cars were worth the money. But 1 question... what the heck was the sunfire doing in that movie? Did y'all see it?
Old 06-09-2003
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah... That's funny how they had a J-body (cavalier/sunfire) in the movie and I didn't once see a 7th gen Civic!!!!! They even had a Ford Focus in there!

Anyways, I didn't think the movie was that bad. I actually liked it better then the first one... The only complaints that I have was the fact that they used a little to much CGI and the gay comments that the actors would say, yell, and scream while racing their cars. Other then that, I loved the girls, cars, and I thought it was money well spent.
Old 06-09-2003
Registered!!

XxJDMCivicxX is an unknown quantity at this point
Supposedly there was a 7th gen when all those cars were scattering. Paul Walker wasn't that bad but I got new respect for him considering he has his own R34 GT-R pushin 900whp.