Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

got my oil change today-this is good.

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chigga is an unknown quantity at this point
got my oil change today-this is good.

now that i got your attention.

i called Brantford Honda this morning at about 8:00am
to book an appointment for an oil change,

since i hit 16,000kms
they wanted to check my brakes and rotate my tires along with oil change for $105.00

so im like excuse me....... so i told her i wanted an OIL CHANGE normally, i can rotate my own tires in 20 minutes,

and i know my brakes work well....

man no disrespect, but dealerships will try to grab as much money off u as they can........
damn......

dont fall for there tricks!!
Old 12-30-2002
Registered!!

VtechChronicle is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]
and i know my brakes work well....

[hr]
yea... i know wat u mean... should've asked them "IF my brakes weren't working... how da F**K did u think i got here?"
Old 12-30-2002
Registered!!

hahahahahaah I KNOW man!!!

LMAO!
Old 12-30-2002
Registered!!

macrossranma is an unknown quantity at this point
haha, thats y i dont let dealer do anything except oil change......aww........its a horrible way to beat the dealer like that, keep punching keep punching
Old 12-30-2002
BAD MON

Booohahaha is an unknown quantity at this point
tsk tsk tsk

do u feel lighter yet???
Old 12-30-2002
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

03Eclipse should not be trusted03Eclipse should not be trusted03Eclipse should not be trusted
they wanted to check my brakes and rotate my tires along with oil change for $105.00

its called servicing the vehicle ...ITS THERE JOB ....... they have to offer it, especially after 16,000 kms.......if you don't want them to do it, then say no, but I doubt they are trying to rip you off........They have labour rates and employee's they have to pay ...... Dealerships don't make money on servicing .... thats why they usually give away oil changes ....
Old 12-30-2002
Registered!!

watewate is an unknown quantity at this point
I should hit 16k in couple of months, and I'll probably pony up 100 bucks... maybe I can talk them into putting new rims instead of the stocks if I end up getting them before 16k

Sisley Honda, they have been good to me. so far.[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-30-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: 03Eclipse

its called servicing the vehicle ...ITS THERE JOB ....... they have to offer it, especially after 16,000 kms.......if you don't want them to do it, then say no, but I doubt they are trying to rip you off........They have labour rates and employee's they have to pay ...... Dealerships don't make money on servicing .... thats why they usually give away oil changes ....[hr]

interesting!!!!!
thanks for the INFO.

all i said was $105.00 from my personal opinion is a RIP OFF... me said that...... i didnt they say they were trying to rip me off.... i said it was a rip off...
i dont need this bullshit about its called servicing.
i just find to check my brakes and rotating my tires and oil change for 105.00 is outrageous....

but then again its called servicing.... no offense, but would you let them rotate your tires for you for 105.00??? comon man lets get real.

[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

p.s HONDA is great to me too.... if i find anything rip off its CHRYSLER!
Old 12-30-2002

03Eclipse should not be trusted03Eclipse should not be trusted03Eclipse should not be trusted
[hr]Originally posted by: Chigga

its called servicing the vehicle ...ITS THERE JOB ....... they have to offer it, especially after 16,000 kms.......if you don't want them to do it, then say no, but I doubt they are trying to rip you off........They have labour rates and employee's they have to pay ...... Dealerships don't make money on servicing .... thats why they usually give away oil changes ....[hr]

interesting!!!!!
thanks for the INFO.

all i said was $105.00 from my personal opinion is a RIP OFF... me said that...... i didnt they say they were trying to rip me off.... i said it was a rip off...
i dont need this bullshit about its called servicing.
i just find to check my brakes and rotating my tires and oil change for 105.00 is outrageous....

but then again its called servicing.... no offense, but would you let them rotate your tires for you for 105.00??? comon man lets get real.

[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

p.s HONDA is great to me too.... if i find anything rip off its CHRYSLER![hr]

No offense but did you happen to read the price guide above the service station in your local honda dealer ...... Its usually posted in BIG letters the milage and cost of the service...So you would have know that the price of you 16,000 km service was $105 after you got your 8,000 km service .....and NO i would not pay $105.00 - I usually work out a deal in advance that allows me to get some sort of Discount on servicing .....Usually while I'm buying the vehicle .......As do most people ......And they do a little more than rotate your tires for $105...like oil change, check brakes, top up fluids, lube doors and hinges, clean the engine bay up, and wash the car .... I don't see how $105 bucks for a quality service is a big deal ...LOL....If you think thats outrageous I guess you'll be staying away from BMW.....
Old 12-30-2002
Registered!!

aznRUBY is an unknown quantity at this point
$105??
i paid $130 for the 16,000KM maintainence at Roadsport
Old 12-30-2002
Registered!!

txtadik is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm nearing 16k km too... how long does it take to get this service done? can i drop my lx off, catch lunch at arby's then pick up my car (like what i did at the 8k service)? or would i have to leave my car for longer or even the whole day?
Old 12-31-2002
Registered!!

03eclipse: good point
you know what i wanted to trade my LX for a 97 BMW 328IS coupe.
i have a buddy who works at the mitsubishi autopark in burlington.... great car but $$$$$$ when it comes to maintaining it!

NEXT POST!
for the 16,000kms, they say about an hour to do the job!

dont get me wrong, i guess im not used to this kind of service when i had my Neon, most of it i did myself.
lowered it, modded it, etc.....

even tried to fix my own sunroof, which was going to cost it 1000 to fix. no thanks!
thats when i gave it up for a civic!
Old 12-31-2002
Registered!!

VtechChronicle is an unknown quantity at this point

Well... unless they don't have bonus pay... call me crazy but i'm pretty sure their bonus are determined by the services done....
Old 12-31-2002

[hr]Originally posted by: Chigga
03eclipse: good point
you know what i wanted to trade my LX for a 97 BMW 328IS coupe.
i have a buddy who works at the mitsubishi autopark in burlington.... great car but $$$$$$ when it comes to maintaining it!

NEXT POST!
for the 16,000kms, they say about an hour to do the job!

dont get me wrong, i guess im not used to this kind of service when i had my Neon, most of it i did myself.
lowered it, modded it, etc.....

even tried to fix my own sunroof, which was going to cost it 1000 to fix. no thanks!
thats when i gave it up for a civic![hr]

I honestly could not tell you what a service cost at autopark, as I have not got to that point yet...But like I said, I worked out some deals when I purchased the vehicle.......(On a side note, what does your buddy do at autopark?)
Old 12-31-2002

[hr]Originally posted by: VtechChronicle

Well... unless they don't have bonus pay... call me crazy but i'm pretty sure their bonus are determined by the services done.... [hr]

Most likely they are, but servicing a vehicle from the same place the car is sold is a PR tool to get you to come back to the dealership to buy another vehilce......thats why if you bitch and complain they will throw in servicing with the purchase of the vehicle
Old 12-31-2002
Registered!!

hey my buddy works on the counter.... and he works in the back when they need him...

he tore out an engine out of a 97 eclipse from California.... b/c something snapped from the CRANK!
great cars.... id consider but id rather buy a 98-99 turbo eclipse... im all about boost!

ill think about it, if they can consdier... gettig some used eclipses
he can get hook ups'

i asked him to find a 01-02 civic SIR engine! at his cost!
if he could find it... id have one sleeper on my hand!
Old 12-31-2002

NIce...I had to get the 03, Loved the look of them....The V6 is not bad as far as speed, ....I know theres faster for the money but I like the look of the vehicle...And autopark is a great dealership....I'm sure I'll be visiting your buddy in 2500 kms or so .....
Old 12-31-2002
Registered!!

where u from"????
Old 01-01-2003
Registered!!

nitehawk is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow I dont know if it was some kind of promo or something at Barrie Honda but I just went in for an oil change 13,000kms and they did everything... topping up all the fluids, air pressure, door hinges and a full 22 point inspection for about $33 tax included. I didnt even ask for it...they just did it all in about 20 minutes while I waited. Man was I impressed!
for Barrie Honda.
Its only a 40 minute drive from Etobicoke so definitely worth it.