Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

Help please-dealer ripped paint of side skirts

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2002
AX
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AX is an unknown quantity at this point
Help please-dealer ripped paint of side skirts

Hey guys.....I have a problem and I have no idea how to get around it. I went to the dealer on the 18th to have warranty work done to my suspension and a tire replaced. When they hoisted the car up into the air to do their work, they didnt adjust the arms of the hoist properly and the arms pressed up against my Wings West side skirts now both side skirts are peeling paint. I know they could do it becasue they done it before(hoisted successfully). Now they say they are not responsible for aftermarket parts and wont cover the damages. They said when I signed the work order waivers the right too our something like that....HELP ME!!! I cant afford painting again......what can I do with this problem?......can anyone help?.........Please
Old 11-19-2002
AX
Registered!!

OH YEA!!!! IDEAL HONDA in Brampton did this to my car.....Damn them... 0 stars out of 5....never going there again
Old 11-19-2002
Registered!!

MattC1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think your body work has anything to do with your warrenty talk to the manager and tell him to fix it if he doesn't want to. I think you have grounds to sue them for damages.. If that doesn't work phone Honda canada snd complain about the damage
Old 11-19-2002
Registered!!

MSoft is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, it's always a good idea to check out the car before accepting it after every service run, thorougly.

Right now I assume you've concluded and accepted the service done, and your only grounds is to make some noise with the service/sales manager(s). If you can prove, or if they've admitted that they've done the damage, then I'm sure you can make them pay.
Old 11-19-2002
AX
Registered!!

ya, the car was full of salt and dirt and grime when it came out I wash it right away and found the damage hidden underneath, I went back to the dealership right away...
Old 11-19-2002
Registered!!

IncaCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought my car at IDEAL HONDA, there sales guy Paolo was really cool and a good guy, but it seemed that there head staff were jerks, really hard to deal with them
Old 11-19-2002
Registered!!

scsGrumPyDriveR is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeps, should of checked becuase once you sign the paper, you can't do anything about it.

Give this a try, call the customer serivce hotline found on the Honda site and make a complaint.

OR you can do what i did and call the owner for that Honda. I called and told the lady what happened and how the service manager said he will not fix it etc. She invited me back in, and just got it fixed for me =)

I had a small dent, so nothing Honda couldn't afford.