Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

Hacked up muffler/cat...?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FurBall is an unknown quantity at this point
Hacked up muffler/cat...?

I'm sorta sick of my crusty looking Need-Viagara sedan muffler tip, and wanted to "rice" It up a bit......

I know I know, you can smell Ungle Ben's already....

I'm mainly just looking for a nicer tip, no screw-on thing, and as for rumble, hell..... stock is good enough.

What do you think of.....

- hacking off the entire length of the "tip"..... then, somehow welding on a 3-4" diameter tip? (with a nice angle cut at the edge of course) This would be the entire length of the "tip", from the muffler all the way to the current limpy tip... That's probably about a foot of metal....(I already thought about it... paint the inside black so if someone's behind you, they won't really know it's just a hacked up stock muffler...

- as for rumble... someone posted here about removing their cat and crap.... well, how much to do that? I'm not a DIYer, so it'd be done at the local Joe's Home Made garage....

Any ideas? I pretty much hate the looks of most aftermarket mufflers that's within my budget...... and big azz tips just don't fit right because of the sedan muffler...