Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

OT: THIS SITE IS GETTING PLAYED....

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stillmatik23 is an unknown quantity at this point
THIS SITE IS GETTING PLAYED....

not to rag on anyone ...but when i first joined this site...there was acutally some informative stuff on this site....

but now...its a little out of control...you guys can flame me all you want..but damn this site...is getting really really stupid..and i know..i don't have to go on it..but for the ppl who are actually looking for information...i feel bad for them...all the newbies think its cool to friggin PW....when most of the PW ing is really really really stupid.........

others agree with me...but i am the only one who wants to speak up...but trust me there are others...so keep this site...informative..and yes PWing is okay..but if the whole page...is about topics...on what we did today...then....damn u guys might as well just make a page on AA and use that.......just my two cents...
Old 09-04-2002
Registered!!

2K1SiCDN is an unknown quantity at this point
I second that...
Nothing really worth posting anymore...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-04-2002
Honda > Nissan

xian is on a distinguished road
I'll agree with you on some points, but I'll add a couple of my own.

1. When a n00b asks a question, he gets about 5 different people to tell him to search. I think inorder to maintain this site with any usefull information, we the users of this site must take responsibility for what we post AND take control to delete our posts.

Heres an example:
n00b: "What was better - AEM CAI or InJen CAI?"
user1: "Please user the search tool"
user2: "OMG, search!!!"
user3: "Heres the search link"
user4: "Why don't people search"
user5: "SEARCH!!!!"

Seeing how user1 asked n00b to perform the search, I would think user2, user3, user4 & user5 should take it upon themselves to delete their post after posting theirs statements. Yes the page refreshs and you can see other people beat you to the "search" punchline, so delete your post and keep the threads clean!!!!

2. This site is maturing and already has alot of great information. New information isn't going to be posted as readily as when this site was first starting off. That is why I think a lot of people are posting less meaningful posts. However, I'd rather they continue to post than not come here again.

Perhaps a mod or a group of assigned people by Derek can take it upon themselves to clean up the threads. This would be a hugs task, but worth it in the end.

Just my 2cents,
Xian
Old 09-04-2002
Registered!!

CUE2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm with you on that Stillmatik... everytime I need some good advice I turn to the general ramblings or something cause Can East is the home of the Post ******...

I think I have enough resources and/or people to turn to for any questions I may have about my car that I definitely won't be turning to this site no more. It's about that time to let this site go because it's taking too much of my time from work and it's all BS anyway.
Old 09-04-2002
Registered!!

draven is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: xian
Perhaps a mod or a group of assigned people by Derek can take it upon themselves to clean up the threads. This would be a hugs task, but worth it in the end.[hr]
We do... well the can east ones at least.
Old 09-04-2002
Honda > Nissan

xian is on a distinguished road
[hr]Originally posted by: draven
[hr]Originally posted by: xian
Perhaps a mod or a group of assigned people by Derek can take it upon themselves to clean up the threads. This would be a hugs task, but worth it in the end.[hr]
We do... well the can east ones at least.[hr]
Cool, must be a Canadian thing then...j/k my American friends...
Old 09-04-2002
Registered!!

FlippedOut is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah thats true...
i woke up this morning took a shower and brushed my teeth and went to work...
im here at work now typing...

haha.. what a load of b.s.... lol

no more non-sense pw'ing...
and yeah this place is getting played...
and not much to say anymore...
Old 09-04-2002
Registered!!

SIrokai is an unknown quantity at this point
I've found many helpful things here BUT perheps a subsection called OFF TOPIC would help to clean up the CaN eAsT forum.

The main section is good for stuff like Tech questions, For Sale or Buy Off...

J
Old 09-04-2002
Registered!!

draven is an unknown quantity at this point
lol... your wish is my command...

click here

I found an off topic section for you...
Old 09-04-2002
Registered!!

FlippedOut is an unknown quantity at this point
how about a sub-directory "off topic" for caneast

Old 09-04-2002
Registered!!

CiViCBoY is an unknown quantity at this point
It's already been mentioned before, and the current configuration of the site does not allow for sub-folders within forums.
Old 09-04-2002
BAD MON

Booohahaha is an unknown quantity at this point
well..considering that ALMOST EVERYONE ask's for the same thing
exhuast,bodykit, grill, eyelids, etc etc.. they do get what they want.
i try to answer them as best of my knowledge can help.
and as u can see.. most of the PW...doesnt get done by me on those VERY important thread, i actually answer them.
Old 09-04-2002
Registered!!

Bluelle is an unknown quantity at this point
oh well.......i agree too....thats y im hardly ever on this site no more.
Old 09-04-2002
Registered!!

netcbc is an unknown quantity at this point
well nothing lasts forever, first it was fun to PW and have lots of meets, but it slowly got played out, Team PW saw it comming for all the new members..... I saw it comming too but s'all good, hopefully everyone will still come on every so often
Old 09-04-2002
<--That really is ME

vicLX is an unknown quantity at this point
well im sure everyone remembers back in the day when I spoke up about PW's and this big war started...

and it wasnt very good...... somewhat amusing but not good

Old 09-04-2002
Registered!!

SumAzunGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: stillmatik23
not to rag on anyone ...but when i first joined this site...there was acutally some informative stuff on this site....

but now...its a little out of control...you guys can flame me all you want..but damn this site...is getting really really stupid..and i know..i don't have to go on it..but for the ppl who are actually looking for information...i feel bad for them...all the newbies think its cool to friggin PW....when most of the PW ing is really really really stupid.........

others agree with me...but i am the only one who wants to speak up...but trust me there are others...so keep this site...informative..and yes PWing is okay..but if the whole page...is about topics...on what we did today...then....damn u guys might as well just make a page on AA and use that.......just my two cents...[hr]
i agree with stillmatik
man look at the all the topics "OT" bs
most of them are non informative and not to mention ULTRA useless

Old 09-04-2002
BAD MON

haha..... u guys want a forum thats pretty much dead that no one comes on to.
if u want INFO go to the GENERAL ramblings.. thats what i do. this is where set up meets and so on!
Old 09-04-2002
<--That really is ME

vicLX is an unknown quantity at this point
true that this forum is about meets and such,.... but we've drifted way off... into NON scence BS....

Old 09-04-2002
Registered!!

O1Coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Well guys... I agree with stillmatic in some ways, but I disagree in others. When I need real hard information, I goto other topics (ie - Suspension Mods). That way I can ask EVERYONE in the site, not just the people who visit CanEast. It's always better to ask a thousand, than a hundred.

In some ways, I am glad that people are PWing--it keeps it local. The fact that it is called CanEast lets people interact with other local people, and allows them to set up meets and stuff. And meets require socializing.

For hardcore information seekers--if you see a thread labeled "OT", you really shouldn't click on it. That's the whole point of people going out of the way to label it "OT"... it's for you, to respect those who are looking for information, and not garbage.

One major advantage of having "CanEast" or any other geographical fourm is the fact that you can ask location-sensitive questions, like prices on mods, and shop recommandations. But how many times will you be asking that? Like I mentioned above, if you want to know, say, if H&R springs are better than Eibachs, then it's better to ask everyone on 7thGenCivic rather than just peeps in CanEast.

That's just my two cents!
Old 09-04-2002
Registered!!

MSoft is an unknown quantity at this point
01Coupe is right, we have to chat a bit to maintain an atmosphere of a community here, and informative info are at the specific tech forums.

Of course, stuff like OT: I'm bored let's PW is quite "played" out.
Old 09-05-2002
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

03Eclipse should not be trusted03Eclipse should not be trusted03Eclipse should not be trusted
no offense but this caneast forumn sucks....i use to come here a lot and read some good info, and the members were civil and stay on topic , but now its all crap (mostly) - and I see the same topics reported weekly.....i personally just read a lot and don't post much but I don't visit this forum much anymore - there are some good guys here and the people i have met are great but there is way to much crap posted ....
Old 09-05-2002
Registered!!

Machina is an unknown quantity at this point
this forum is just a fad...sure it was cool to find the site, perform a couple DIYs, go to a couple meets, but the majority of peeps here sit infront of their monitors soaking up the radiation instead of cruising in there 7thGens...

since I installed my AEM CAI I haven't been able to get out of my car except to work and sleep...and bang the odd broad now and again...

I'm sure I'll check this site once a week, but until something interesting happens around here there isn't much point spending valuable time reading all the same BS posts...

well I'm off to drink some [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]...and maybe smoke a blunt....[IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-05-2002
BAD MON

hahaha..woOoOO.. i had that thing on the 3rd week i got my car... i've lived thru it. and now im bored with all these NEW mod's hahaha.
well most of us that do sit in front of their monitor are actually saving some dough for better and nicer mod's.
also, when some of us are bored to death at work. coming on here is a good way to kill that time.
the majority of us... are on during the morning and barely any one is on at night. so....[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
ah well.. personally i dont really care.. if this place sux's! i like it and im sure its a pretty cool place to chat and talk bout car stuff.
but i do respect ppl's request. but that doesnt mean im gonna stop postin in here. i still got some bud's that will always be around.
Old 09-06-2002
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

03Eclipse should not be trusted03Eclipse should not be trusted03Eclipse should not be trusted
[hr]Originally posted by: Machina
this forum is just a fad...sure it was cool to find the site, perform a couple DIYs, go to a couple meets, but the majority of peeps here sit infront of their monitors soaking up the radiation instead of cruising in there 7thGens...

since I installed my AEM CAI I haven't been able to get out of my car except to work and sleep...and bang the odd broad now and again...

I'm sure I'll check this site once a week, but until something interesting happens around here there isn't much point spending valuable time reading all the same BS posts...

well I'm off to drink some [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]...and maybe smoke a blunt....[IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG][hr]
too true - I swear to god that some people live on this site ..... and there is way to many BS posts - about the most retarded things - this site has tons of good info from certain users but most people PW way to much useless stuff -
Old 09-06-2002
Registered!!

MSoft is an unknown quantity at this point
In da [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG] to ppl who BS! [IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG]