Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

OT: Your favourite driving route

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O1Coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
OT: Your favourite driving route

Do you guys have a favourite driving route? You know, the route that you just love to take... if so, what are they?

I have a few myself. Most are actually outside of GTA, since I can't really "drive" with traffic. Here are my favourites, none in particular order, except the 1st one...

1. Hamilton, ON - Off of the Cannon St. bridge, leading into York Rd... this road is absolutely sweet! It's not the best paved, but there are the most amazing smooth twsity corners you can carve. It starts off with almost a full circle, testing your "G-force" then leads into a long stretchy curvey under the bridge. Then comes rising hills and country roads. Visually it looks very challenging to gather any speed, but it's actually tamer than it seems. You can easily sweep it at cosistant 60-70km/h without any tire squeel, even though it's only posted at 30km/h.

2. Dundas, ON - York Rd, the "twist"... it's posted at a measely 30km/h, but you can actually rip it HARD at 120km/h. No sucial moves here, just two quick twists, but with a huge elevation difference. This is one of my "proving grounds" for all the cars. Not only does it test road holding, but the car's reaction to two linking turns and damping (changing elevation).

3. Mississauga, ON - Mississauga Rd., south of Dundas Street, leading into QEW. This one's very very fun, except there is a fair amount of traffic sometimes so there is no room for error. I never try to be a hero here, just enjoy the curves at modest speed. Plus it's residential, so I don't exactly wanna kill anyone. I like this one because there are a lot of blind turns and it keeps you on your toes. Even getting onto the QEW here is fun--road holding test!

4. Hamilton, On - The infamous Queenston Loop. Going west bound, this is the ultimate street racer's handling contest. It is basically a loop, intended so you can do safe U turns and extends to another side street. Posted speed is 15km/h--the most I've done in my car is 70km/h (but 85km/h in the Celica). It's awesome because there are two lanes and basically you can go head to head with another car. This is obviously dangerous to do, but with some practise here, it's like the back of your hand (yeah, I can do it with my eyes closed now). There are actually 2 turns--first one you can enter hard, as long as you have wide tires. The second one is tied right in after, and requires strong chassis rigidity, because the car is now tossed to the other side, with the momentem still going the other way (no recovery time). Exiting the turns, you need something with torque to get you out cleanly.

And the rest...

Toronto, ON - Mt. Pleasant Rd., the bottom half close to Bloor, where it's labeled as you can't change lanes.
Vaughn, ON - Hwy 7... just for the stop light Grand Prix's.
North York, ON - Ramp on 401E, into Yonge Street... fun fun fun.
Dundas, ON - Cootes Drive; now there are cops lurking.
Ancaster, ON - Snake Rd... the name says it all.
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

supYO is an unknown quantity at this point
you need sleep bro
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

SIrokai is an unknown quantity at this point
HWY 7... 'cause it's smooooooooooooth with a few bumps on it

J
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

CUE2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: supYO
you need sleep bro [hr]
couldn't agree with you more Supyo!!! hahaha

My favourite is Lakeshore Rd just prior to closing it down before the Molson Indy. Probably a couple of days before the Molson Indy you should take a trip down Lakeshore and take the CNE back route. it'll lead you right in to the track where you drive under the big DODGE bridge and the walls that they set up around it makes your muffler sound sooo SICK!! I've been there probably 2 years in a row!! The 1st time with my Accord Coupe and I bumped into it by accident and the 2nd time was this year with my Civic. I swear when I drove in there my muffler was soo loud some people that were standing on the side were cheering because I was gunnin it. It was pretty safe too because I went in there even when they had ROAD Closed Signs...
I take that route everyday to work but it's just much better when they are finished setting up for the Molson Indy!
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

you need sleep bro [hr]
Blah.. [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: CUE2k1
[hr]

My favourite is Lakeshore Rd just prior to closing it down before the Molson Indy. Probably a couple of days before the Molson Indy you should take a trip down Lakeshore and take the CNE back route. it'll lead you right in to the track where you drive under the big DODGE bridge and the walls that they set up around it makes your muffler sound sooo SICK!! I've been there probably 2 years in a row!! The 1st time with my Accord Coupe and I bumped into it by accident and the 2nd time was this year with my Civic. I swear when I drove in there my muffler was soo loud some people that were standing on the side were cheering because I was gunnin it. It was pretty safe too because I went in there even when they had ROAD Closed Signs...
I take that route everyday to work but it's just much better when they are finished setting up for the Molson Indy![hr]

Did you feel like Mario Andretti?
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

CUE2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: O1Coupe
[hr]Originally posted by: CUE2k1
[hr]

I take that route everyday to work but it's just much better when they are finished setting up for the Molson Indy![hr]

Did you feel like Mario Andretti? [hr]

HAHAHA Damn right dude!!!
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

oldskool is an unknown quantity at this point
highway 58 by me in welland/thorold area......
the road is really bumpy but smooth bumps and it feels funny when you drive it.....
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

MSoft is an unknown quantity at this point
Rosedale when there aren't any slow idiots going 50, or cops with radar guns there.

As for challenge it's gotta be King street, hahaha, dare you to go faster than 80Km/h! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-29-2002
Registered!!

Toronto is an unknown quantity at this point
If you are looking for more, here is some idea.
Old 08-29-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: oldskool
highway 58 by me in welland/thorold area......
the road is really bumpy but smooth bumps and it feels funny when you drive it.....[hr]

Funny.. hmm.. as in how?? [IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-30-2002
Registered!!

atomicblue is an unknown quantity at this point
i like driving anywhere at night...
Old 08-30-2002
Registered!!

watewate is an unknown quantity at this point
rosedale when its empty... accelerate out of the bend and onto somewhat twisty road.. heh...
Old 08-30-2002
Registered!!

23wt is an unknown quantity at this point
haha hey 1028, whats your favourite route in the area??