Canada West Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Yukon, NWT

use the key ring clippy in your jackets!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tsunamisplash is an unknown quantity at this point
use the key ring clippy in your jackets!

well.. here's my story! hee hee..

so yesterday, toastyghosty, pudgsicle, celica-cee, and i went snowboarding out at hemlock valley resort. it's a small mountain and the conditions kinda sucked, but we had a pretty good time, except for a few cartwheels that i call 'extreme boarding'. hum de dum... so.. yah.. all is well.. it's 8pm.. slopes are closed and we head back to the car. not the civic, but the giant beast of a minivan that we brought up. so well.. i go into my pockets and struggle to find the keys while standing in the friggin cold. walla! there's my keys! nope... not really.. somehow, i managed to lose them during the 6 hours that we were up there.

so.. after saying **** a few hundred times, i realize someone had carefully smeared their pink bubble gum on my rear window. you know that feeling that you get when you believe falling onto a bicycle with no seat and rolling into a vat of acid would feel better? well.. i felt that way. so everybody is trying to do their part to make things work, and toastyghosty finds someone who can at least slim jim the thing open to grab our stuff and stash the boards. this wasn't exactly easy.. the first guy 'claims' he worked for a towing company before and well.. he sucked ***. i could have done better with a spoon and two packs of sugar. so we get rid of him.. a lil while later another guy comes by and we manage to get into the van.. woo hoo! (i will not tell you exactly how, since this would make my car vulnerable.)

hum de dum.. so from there.. we start trying to figure out how we are getting get off the mountain. luckily, the 'scat man' as he will from now on be called, appears in his ford explorer and plays angel. he works for the mountain and was kind enough to offer us a ride down. so after calling roadside assistance, which was no help and calling a locksmith that wanted 500 bucks just to drive up there! so.. he could kiss my *** and cash in on that, cuz he ain't getting 500 bucks from me! (previously, toasty called bcaa and they were ****** on the phone too.) so.. we all hop into the scat man's explorer and hope he isn't a serial killer or that he's not gonna pimp us.

he drops us off at a tim horton's in mission, after turning up some phil collins, and we arrange for pudgsicle's bro to come pick us up.. it's now 11:00pm and i'm still freaking about what i'm gonna do.. anyhoo.. we eat and sit.. and sit some more til after 1:00am. our drive back to vancouver is less eventful. i grab the set of spare keys that i got routed back to my place, since they were with my dad, and we're back off to the mountain. 200km later, we get back up there and relief sets in. it's now 7:15am, but we're heading home.

we set back to mission to grab some gas, a bite to eat from the same tim horton's, and then head back to vancouver. at approximately 9:30am, i finally see my bed and fall into it with my bruised bum and all.

long post, eh? anyhoo.. lesson learned: use the key ring clippy thingy in your jackets!
Old 12-31-2001
Registered!!

NitehawkVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
Good call, I've managed to get locked out of 3 different cars, one time each. 1st time, Toyota Tercel, while driving my friend to work, all his workshi was in the car, payed $40 bucks to get in, took no time at all.

2nd time, my civic. with a blown fuse, so no keyless or power locks, so I managed to leave the keys in the car, then lock the door manually. Call a tow truck, takes the guy about an hour too get in (nice secure car). He told the trainee that he brought along, "so now you've learned that when you hear 2001 civic, RUN". still cost 40 bucks.

Last time, it's 5am, I'm on my way home after a hard night of partying, stop to drop off a game rental, driving my K car wagon (cop had my civic's license plate). for some reason when I opened the door the door didn't unlock? so it was still locked when i closed it. called a tow truck after running to a friends place to borrow some cash (had like 30 bucks in the car, but it costs 45, and I didn't want to make him wait for me to hit up a bank machine). Froze my *** off waiting for the tow truck (Jacket in car, below zero weather). Payed him 45bucks to get in in 2 minutes.
Old 12-31-2001
Registered!!

roundeyericegirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Holy post batman!!!!!
Like I said what a pain in the [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-02-2002
Registered!!

anyone know how much it is to replace a gm anti-theft encoded key? how about the keyless entry fob?
Old 01-02-2002
Registered!!

Damian2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
holy shet dude, i can think of better ways to spend a night....

no idea on how much the gm key is but i know our hondas cost like $100...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]

Btw, screw the cars, get some group pics of you guys up...heh
Old 01-02-2002
Registered!!

toastyghosty is an unknown quantity at this point
group pics my [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG] we're like screw pics...until we finally got back up the second time hah hah
Old 01-02-2002
Registered!!

Damian2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
well.....screw pics are ok too.....but only if its pudge....ha!

j/k....[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-03-2002
Registered!!

the gm key cost 50 after tax.. thank goodness.. but the friggin keyless entry fob costs almost 200 after tax! i'd rather pay a homeless guy 5 cents a night to lock my doors for me!
Old 01-03-2002
Registered!!

<< well.....screw pics are ok too.....but only if its pudge....ha!

j/k....[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
>>

this is why there isn't a very strong female showing on this site. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-03-2002
Registered!!

black2k1vtec is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn...thats stressful.
Old 01-05-2002
Registered!!

brill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nice
what a nasty experience! sorta one of those murphys law nights hehehehe

I locked my keys in my old Mazda 323 a few times... but i was lucky, my mazda had one of those "Universal Locks" in which, it was so broken, anything that fit into the hole could open it! and i mean anything, over the time i owned it i experiemented with various objects from paper clips to pennies to popsicle sticks... anything worked as long as it was strong enough to turn the locking mechanism [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Old 01-05-2002
Registered!!

AznSaint is an unknown quantity at this point
bad to hear that man.

no zippers??
Old 01-06-2002
BAD MON

Booohahaha is an unknown quantity at this point
dang thats tight!!!!
hahaa u dont wanna know where i would have kept my keys lolz
at least everything went well and u guyz got home safe after a long journey!!