Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

Speedy won't align my car?!?!?!!

Old 08-14-2002
Ask me about your mom.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
Speedy won't align my car?!?!?!!

Hey guys

Just thought I'd give you a heads up: the speedy in ottawa (on St. Joseph blvd...more in orleans) is full of completely incompetant morons.

I installed new goldlines, and called speedy for an alignment. They were the only ones who could take it ASAP.
When I went it, the guy said "Oh, its lowered. No, we won't align it".

I can understand that they won't do it, if the specs are different when lowered...so I ask him why.

He tells me that "You can't put a lowered car on a lift. It doesn't work. Sorry."

jesus. NOBODY go to this speedy! MORONS!

So I took it up the road, to a small name place, and the guy took a look at it and said "Well, it might be difficult to do, seeing as its lowered...but holy sh*t was that guy ever retarded" [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] hehehehe

just thought I'd vent. the guy at speedy really pished me off. his lack of knowledge was astonishing.

Old 08-14-2002
Registered!!

draven is an unknown quantity at this point
out of curiousity, you didn't align the car right after installing the springs did you..?
Old 08-14-2002
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
I don't have the machine, man.

I eyeballed the rear camber, but it wasn't something I could get perfect myself.

As for the front toe, I tried my best, but it still pulls to one side. Rather than waste my time trying to fix it, I might as well take it to a shop that has the specs, has the machine, and a lift.

Don'tcha think?

Old 08-14-2002
Registered!!

draven is an unknown quantity at this point
what I mean is you waited a week or two to let them settle before playing with the settings right..?
Old 08-14-2002
Registered!!

MiYuki is an unknown quantity at this point
Aren't you supposed to wait for them to settle? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-14-2002
Registered!!

jer2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Here's a thought.

The guy at speedy may be right about a lowered car on a lift. I went to get my tires balanced yesterday and they had the type of lift that you drive onto. As soon as I saw them drive onto it I thought HOLY CRAP if my car was lowered or had a body kit they may have ripped off the front. They drive it up and over the lift (or something).

On the other hand, the place where I had my wheels installed used a different type of lift. I just drove in and they slid the arms to the appropriate points. It would be fine for a lowered car.

Anyway, thats my experience
Hope it helps
Old 08-14-2002
Registered!!

HeRbaLuS is an unknown quantity at this point
i work in a car plaza they didn't have the software for the 2001 but i used the 2000 one wheels are straight for now until OCT when they get the new one .......and the way i got up was by putting wood at the back wheels we knew it wasn't going on after the kit got caught on the hoyst ah well car seems to be driving like a beauty now they said i shouldn't need camber kit either.....1.5" drop didn't take it off by too much.
Old 08-14-2002
Ask me about your mom.

jer2K: See, that reason would make sense...however, these guys had the lift where you swing out the four contact points under the car.

retarded.

I took it to "Gary's Radiator", and they have the drive-up kind, where you drive the car onto the lift. I never thought about my bumper hitting..now you got me all worried [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] hehehe

I let the springs 'settle' for three days. I drove like a madman quite a few times, and they ended up settling. It was weird how much they will 'settle'...when I first took the car off the jackstands, there was NO drop in the rear. Then, after driving old-man-ish around the block, they lowered to about a 3 finger gap.

Then I drove like an idiot around corners, highway onramps, etc, for a couple of hours, and when I got back...both had a 1.5 finger gap (both sides in the rear).

I hope I didn't take it in too early??? It looks like it has settled all its going to settle...is this alright?

man, now i'm even more worried [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]

then again, what's the worry? if I have to take it in again, its just another 70 bucks, no biggie.

*sigh*

either way: don't go to speedy for anything other than mufflers!
Old 08-14-2002
Ask me about your mom.

[hr]Originally posted by: HeRbaLuS
i work in a car plaza they didn't have the software for the 2001 but i used the 2000 one wheels are straight for now until OCT when they get the new one .......and the way i got up was by putting wood at the back wheels we knew it wasn't going on after the kit got caught on the hoyst ah well car seems to be driving like a beauty now they said i shouldn't need camber kit either.....1.5" drop didn't take it off by too much.[hr]
That's good to know!

Mine was pulling to the left, but that's the toe, I guess, not the camber.

Anywho, I guess I'm spazzing for no reason. But...it just bothered me that they wouldn't take my car, simply because it was 'lowered'.

Oh, and its only lowered by 1.75", but ya...end of spazz.
Old 08-15-2002
Registered!!

SpoonSi is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah people get that enuff in toronto...
once u lower ur car...everyone hates on you...
thats just how it is...people just dont understand....
Old 08-15-2002
Registered!!

CiViCBoY is an unknown quantity at this point
There's a simple solution for lowered cars getting onto hydraulic lifts....

....they're called wooden planks.
Old 08-15-2002
Ask me about your mom.

[hr]Originally posted by: CiViCBoY
There's a simple solution for lowered cars getting onto hydraulic lifts....

....they're called wooden planks.[hr]
rofl

its not even that!

they were just to ignorantly retarded to even try!!!

all I said was "I put in new lowering springs, so I need an alignment"...and he just said NO.

screw speedy!

Old 08-15-2002
Registered!!

oldskool is an unknown quantity at this point
almost anywhere can bring your car up...its a matter if they want to or not..... i went to midas for my alignment and they did they worst job.....they didnt even align it properly......it was sent there from honda cuz honda didnt have the machine to do it.....but they just put these blocks of wood under there ramp that makes the drive onto it less steep....... my exhaust scraped a bit but it go up there........but dont go to midas either......

and to think i was referred by honda to go there..........my alignment is set at like 11 0clcok.....its still messed
Old 08-15-2002
Ask me about your mom.

yikes.

ok, i'll make sure none of my friends go to midas, either.

thanks for the tips!