Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

Toronto Civics site down?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011
DIY guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WrenchHead is an unknown quantity at this point
Toronto Civics site down?

So now that my truck is finally sold I am on the hunt for my first Civic. YYYAAAAAYYYY!!!!!

The local Civic site seems to be inoperational. Booooo!!!!

Is Toronto Civics down or is it just me? Both my Windows 7 and Linux OS's are givin' me nothin'.

In the meantime i've been searching here on Civic Forums for various bits of info. Looks like a good crew here. Plenty of good info. Thanks!
Old 06-05-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Toronto Civics site down?

Toronto civics is pretty slow usually..

What type of civic are you looking for?
Old 06-05-2011
DIY guy

Originally Posted by MindBomber
Toronto civics is pretty slow usually..

What type of civic are you looking for?
Ok, good to know. I thought maybe Toronto was cursed for vehicular forums, given usual problems with GTAMC, GTAM and balhblahblah ...

I'm looking for something with ~200k (or less), manual trans, power windows, coupe or sedan, on the road for $4k. It's do-able ...

... easier if people weren't full of crap about the rotten ****box car, or would return an email/call.

All joking aside, i'm pretty easy going about it. I have little in the way of "must haves", but the power windows is proving to be a deal-killer for plenty of otherwise good finds. I don't mind buying a second/parts car for cheap with the options, but i'm really trying to save myself the work. Know what I mean!??!
Old 06-05-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I hear ya man!

People complain about buyers not being serious and don't allow test drives on their modified cars, but sellers will tell you anything to try and sell you the car over the phone. "Yup, totally rust free" then you show up the fenders look like swiss cheese.

If your open to 7th gen civics they're much easier to find with under 200k and I believe all models came with power windows, the only downside is that we don't have some of the inexpensive options earlier models have.
Old 06-05-2011
DIY guy

Originally Posted by MindBomber
I hear ya man!

People complain about buyers not being serious and don't allow test drives on their modified cars, but sellers will tell you anything to try and sell you the car over the phone. "Yup, totally rust free" then you show up the fenders look like swiss cheese.

If your open to 7th gen civics they're much easier to find with under 200k and I believe all models came with power windows, the only downside is that we don't have some of the inexpensive options earlier models have.
Whoops, apparently I made a mid-post editing mistake. I meant to include 1996 - 2004 year. If I wasn't dead-set on having power windows I know i'd already have a car in the driveway. *shrug*

Would you care to help out a newbie and expand on the "inexpensive options" comment please?

From what i'm finding I agree with the 7th gen having power window option. Not many took the option, but it was available. Saw one in blue with a grey gut, awesome looking in the pics ... until I saw the window handle.

As a side note - I find it quite interesting that every hatchback i've seen does not have power windows. Not that i'm after a HB, but still.

Last edited by WrenchHead; 06-05-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 06-05-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

Toronto Civic sucks, if you wanna find a car for sale, try JDMRides, the people there all suck, but eh, some good stuff shows up now and then.
Old 06-05-2011
DIY guy

Thank you for the heads up.
Old 06-05-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

6th gen civics - 1996-2000, can be tuned with less expensive engines management systems and have the option of b, h, d, h, j and k series swaps. The D16y8, found in the ex model, is also capable of producing very impressive numbers. They have a double wishbone suspension, which is a definite advantage and things like rear disc swaps are a bit less expensive since the parts are compatible with integras.

7th gen civics - 2001-2055, if you want an aggressive engine build you can only tune the stock engine with k-pro and that's $1000. In addition, you can only have k and possibly soon J series engines swapped in due to emissions regulations. The advantages are they came with much more up to date interiors and electonics, including the power windows and digital gauge clusters, and they come stock with rear sway bars. The disadvatage is that we can't swap parts with cheap integras, but many rsx parts do swap over, you could upgrade to a rsx-s 19mm rear sway for around $50 and thats a huge advantage.
Old 06-05-2011
DIY guy

Aaahhhh, yes, okay, got it now. I'd be more interested in suspension stuff, if anything at all. I'm not a young'n lookin' to slam my car with all kinds of mods and such. I had my drag racing days way back when and i've done enough engine tuning that I could never hook up a laptop to a car again and be juuuuuuust fine.

I'll be the guy at local meets with the "factory stock" car. Yeah, that's it. Maybe I should change my username to "Before" or something. hahaha

Decent set of wheels and adjustable coilovers would be welcome. Maybe bigger anti-sway bars, too. Nothing crazy though. I like the idea of a 6th gen si coupe really.

Thanks for that, MindBomber!
Old 06-05-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,449 Likes on 1,203 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Well, I would also add that the 6th gen have the front double-wishbone suspension, plus lighter than the 7th gen counterpart. &th have the mcpherson, and heavier, so...
I do like my 7th, but the 6th seem to have more potential waiting to be unlocked. not in engine, but in cornering and overall. unfortuantely they are high mileage now and less comfort options.