Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

The Scariest Day In My Life.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unstoppable is an unknown quantity at this point
The Scariest Day In My Life.....

As of today, my car is no more (pending on appraiser). I was on my way driving back to school and than I hit this turn on Middlefield heading towards Dennison. I have done this turn many times at the speed I was going (120 Km/H). I need no lecture about the speed I was going, as I have already recieved tons, and I knew what I did was wrong. My friend told me to slow down, but perhaps had I not listened to her, I would still have my car. The moment I applied the brakes, my rear started fish tailing towards the right. I counter steer to the right, I thought everything was ok. My car fish tails to the left this time, I counter steer and I 360 about 1 and a half times. My rear fish tailed into someone's backyard, destroying their fence. When I flew up the curb, my car almost rolled over. I still don't know what exactly happened or how I ended up where I did. If anyone is not familiar with the turn, it bends towards the oncoming traffic lane, but my car somehow ended on my side of the road, with the back of my car parked inside the fence. Luckily, my windows were tinted. Until today, I did not realize how much of a safety issue is tint. It saved me from having glass fly all over my face, head, and back. It held all the shattered glass together. I step out of car, and this bitch in her backyard is yelling at me why I destroyed her fence, without asking if was Ok or if I needed an ambulance/police. Oh yea, Firestone tires kick ***! Not....I had barely any grip at all to the road. Through out the whole thing, I was not scared, but the moment I got out of the car, I was in shock. I have completely destroyed my pride and joy. My baby. Now my car's resale value is about the same as a Kia.

Visible damages I can see to my car the moment: Front bumper flew off and cracked, Passenger fender, door, quarter panel, rear bumper, driver side door, quarter panel. My drive side back wheel is angled inwards. Most windows where destroyed. However, I managed to save my engine withouth a single damage to it. I saved my PIAA head bulbs too Lol. Not much good right now.....Oh yea, and CAA tow truck guy backed into my Radiator comptely denting it. Air bags did not deploy.

I still can't determine whether or not my car is a write off at the moment. The appraiser is going to Formula today. If my car is a write off, my parents will probably not buy a car like this again, or even a SI model. Heck it'll probably be some 4 door (insert crap American car here). If it's not a write off, I get to keep my SI, but how will the car handle now? No engine damage, but the rear axle looks FUBAR. Someone told me how the rear axle that connects to the rear wheel is a two piece part, so it should not be hard to fix. I only pray now that Nortel rebounds, so I can have some money, unless of watching my 500 shares losing money every day.

At least I did 2K1 a huge favor. I CRASHED TESTED OUR CAR FOR YOU GUYS!! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] Believe you me, unlike the crap metal used in 6th generation, this car held great! I suffered barely any injuries. The passenger who was not wearing a seatbelt and the impact was the worst on the right side, suffered minor injuries. You can never go wrong with Urethane too. My bumpers look pretty good considering what happened. Well, I hope at least you guys will learn something from my post. Drive safe guys. We don't mod cars to drive like a grand ma, but only race if you really know there are no cars around, and it's a straight way, and good conditions. I was tempted by one of the rare days we actually had good weather, and me being late for class, that's why I sped.

For future reference, you are far LESS likely to die, if you are sitting behind behind the driver seat than ANYWHERE else in the car. A driver's instinct to any accident/danger will be to save his own *** and as such, any instant movements of the car to avoid oncoming traffic/trees/poles etc. will be to save the driver. This is why the passenger of cars are far more likely to die than the driver. From this experience, I can tell you there is BARELY any damages on my side of the car, but the Passenger side is completely screwed up. Not that I'm saying I wanted the passenger to die, but any driver would react to save his ***.

So what are my options now guys? Does anyone know anyone that works at Formula Honda collision center? I just want to make sure my baby is fine there. I recall reading a post a long time ago, about someone mentioning an insurance company that will not look at past records? Does anyone know how much my insurance will go up from a write off? For what periods of time?

Well, I'm so lucky to be alive right now. I still don't know how I managed to avoid oncoming traffic, traffic behind me, not kill me and the passenger, and save my engine. I think the biggest factor whether my car is a write off or not is the fact that my air bags did not deploy (easily $4000) and my engine is intact. The body damage is sufficient, and I feel bad for the mechanics that have to fix my car.

Anyways, take care guys, and drive safe.
Old 04-10-2002
Registered!!

SumAzunGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
omfg i actually saw your car inside sum1s backyard was that you???
Old 04-10-2002
Registered!!

Yes that would be me.......quite a mess wasn't it? Did you see the car? It almost breaks my heart...... Do you go to my school? Drive the White Taffeta with smoked license plates?
Old 04-10-2002
Registered!!

yeah man i was like wtf how did the car land there but it was pretty bad glad to hear your okae though
Old 04-10-2002
Registered!!

VtechChronicle is an unknown quantity at this point
car is nothing... as long as you're okay... you should be praying from now on....
Old 04-10-2002
Registered!!

hehe nah i was just passing by there
Old 04-10-2002
Registered!!

Anyways, I hope that after seeing what happened to my car, that you will learn to treat your car 100 times better than I did. Trust me man, it is NOT worth it. Is it not worth losing your life over, and your car. Hehe, its not good to see a 2k1 like this
Old 04-10-2002
<--That really is ME

vicLX is an unknown quantity at this point
I know how you feel... I wrote off my 2000 civic last year... hence getting my new 2001....

if you can walk away from a crash like that... its all good....

good news is... my friend ROOLED over his TIN CAN 2 door sunfire... and ..... we thought it wsa FUBAR too... but they fixed it up ..NO BIGGIE... the modern world of science.... so I say... as long as your engine wasn't ------ up.. you still have a chance in keeping your car...

Old 04-10-2002
Registered!!

macrossranma is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry to hear that, but glad u and your friend are ok, though wear seatbelt ALL THE TIME, good u have a side impact, otherwise your friend will be flying straight through the front[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-10-2002
Registered!!

newkid is an unknown quantity at this point
u can buy my sedan!!!

parents would love it!!

sorry to hear...we still need u at the meets to talk about doobies and joobies
Old 04-10-2002
Registered!!

haha... buyin' newkid's sedan would be nice...
Old 04-10-2002
Registered!!

CUE2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeh unstoppable... sorry to hear about the car but we're all glad that you're okay. Thanks for sharing that with us because I know for sure that some of us here needs to hear stories like that to straighten ourselves out. I know I do. If you can come to the meets, please do so... you're still a 7th gen dude!!
Old 04-10-2002
BAD MON

Booohahaha is an unknown quantity at this point
hahahah they will not write off ur ride unless the frame is bent really bad!!
Old 04-10-2002
Registered!!

let's hope they won't... cuz Unstoppable will be stopped...
Old 04-10-2002
BAD MON

nope they will fix it cuz they did to mine
and it wasnt as bad though
seeing that his car is new they will prolly fix it hehehe
sorrie bud no RSX for u just yet!
Old 04-10-2002
Registered!!

you guyz sound like pros in crashin' and scammin'... wassup with that???
Old 04-10-2002
Registered!!

or you can get them to install your engine on an RSX body.. then that would be pointless...
at least you can look like you're driving an rsx... I don't know why you'd want to do that though... don't really like 'em much..[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-10-2002
BAD MON

hahaa let see faster and it looks good with the mugen skirt?
hahaha
well i know alot of my friends do that stuff and u can do it too. hahaha[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-10-2002
Registered!!

HMMMMMMMM

anywayz... anything up this weekend??? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-10-2002
Registered!!

anywayz... anything up this weekend???

I thought this thread was about Unstoppable getting in to an accident and losing his car???
either start a new thread or PM...
Old 04-10-2002
Registered!!

ah shiet... aiight.. i'll start a new thread...

but take it easy unstoppable.. hope the best happens for u... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-10-2002
Registered!!

I think I have a few options I can go right now.

1. Hope it's not a write off and that the mechanics at Formula Honda can make my car drive like new.

2. Hope it's a write off and not drive for about a year till things settle down. Than my family will use another insurance company and just apply with their names and not add mine. After everything cools down, save up money and throw in for a better manual car by Honda/Acura of course ( =

Any thoughts? Which seems to be better route?

Is it possible for them to fix my car and handle like it should as it did before? Or does the impact of my car realigns most of the stuff in my car, every cm counts, hence ruining the placements of the parts in my car? If it's not a write off, the appraiser is going to determine how much it would cost to fix up the car. Is there anyway I can get some aftermarket parts out of this? Like a TS2001 Tsunami Front Bumper, BC Rear Valance, new Rims?

I saw my car again, and boy was it sad looking at it. Mud all over the hood. Front bumper stuck out from my rear window. Whole passenger side mashed up! Oh! I found like a perfectly rolled spliff on the carpet! Good thing I found that before the mechanics found it or the appraiser or else I woulda been screwed!

Well anyways, my rental is a 4 dr Blk Sdn at the moment, still feels weird. Kinda scary driving down Markham Road after what happened yesterday. Anyways, thanks for all the kind comments guys!
Old 04-10-2002
Registered!!

andoy is an unknown quantity at this point
dayum... sorry to hear that unstoppable.. i guess ur car is not unstoppable after all.. hahaha[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] j/k... yeah,, i met u last meet inside P1commerce.. i was the one with a black coupe and a gt wing. one of the first ppl there.. hahaha.. anyway.. u had the silver auto SI?? right??? cant imagine that car being ------- up... anyway... hope everything goes well with u.. see u next meet.. if u come with ur blk rental sedan...
Old 04-10-2002
Registered!!

IMO, it's most likely a write off. I got into an accident once with my other car and the engine was perfect but they said it would cost too much to fix it. Instead they wrote it off and that's how I got my '90 accord winter beater.
If not, then the Q you had about the tsunami bumper would be possible... trust me[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-10-2002
Back from the dead

Liro is an unknown quantity at this point
glad to hear you're ok too bad about the car. i wont give you a lecture cause you know what happened and why. glad you learned from it is all.

as for the situation of your car, im imagining they are going to fix it, but i have no idea the extent of your damage. it is possible it wont drive like new....but cross your fingers.

Old 04-10-2002
Registered!!

2K1SiCDN is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to hear about the accident, it's a good thing you're alright. About the insurance thing, I'm not sure if switching companies will make a lot of difference only because they do backgroud checks for new applicants. Your rates probably wouldn't change much. I think a write off lasts on your record for 5-7 yrs, but don't quote me on that.
Old 04-10-2002
Registered!!

Bluelle is an unknown quantity at this point
im sorry to hear that man, as long as ur ok thats all that matters.......just dont do 120 on turns no more
Old 04-10-2002
Registered!!

netcbc is an unknown quantity at this point
Holly crap that was you? I was wondering how the hell someone backed into someones backyard, damn were you late for school? when i went to mci i blasted down that same round but not as fast......... how many ppl were in your car? was the "she" carmen? put carmen in danger eh ----&gt;
Old 04-10-2002
Registered!!

<< Holly crap that was you? I was wondering how the hell someone backed into someones backyard, damn were you late for school? when i went to mci i blasted down that same round but not as fast......... how many ppl were in your car? was the "she" carmen? put carmen in danger eh ----&gt; >>

sumones desperate
Old 04-10-2002
Registered!!

netcbc is an unknown quantity at this point
hah ur the one who was spying on her in oac when she was in gr.9 , junior

ok fine it was both of us

Quick Reply: The Scariest Day In My Life.....