Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

Questions About Trade In

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unstoppable is an unknown quantity at this point
Questions About Trade In

The civic I have is bought already, 2k1 Civic Si Auto. It has about 11k on it. I'm seriously considering buying this car from my parents so I can actually do mods to it and than trading it in for a Black Si Manual. Now I'm thinking, with my given mileage, how much money do you guys think I would have to pay to trade it in? Since mine is an Auto SiG, comparing a brand new MMRSP with a manual, it's worth about 3k more for the Transmission/AC/ABS.

I don't know why...but I always love black sport cars, and I think black looks way better souped up (CB's Ride) heh. I think the TS2001 looks way better on a black than a silver. Plus the black projectors from Matrix *drool*. Anyone stop by Station 28 at Pacific recently? They have black projectors (not sure if it's Hiper or Matrix) but they selling it for $480. I'm trying to buy the car from them for like 15k haha...so that means i'm still about 6-7k short....Hmm considering I never worked a day in my life....and I managed to save 8k...My fastest way to officially owning my own civic would be buying 500 shares of Nortel at $8.35 a share...and hope in less than a year...it'll go to at least $30 ( =

Any suggestions on what I should do if i want to trade my car in for a Manual? Or should I just keep my auto? My car's in pretty good condition, except for a little scracth on the back quarter panel just behind the door. Stuff like scratches, how much would it depreciate or lower the value of my car?

Oh and I have a couple of misc. questions since I have been sooo outdated on these boards....

1. I've searched and looked back on threads that there is still No release products via Force Induction, but I visited HKS website and the parts section of this site, and they have a HKS GT Ball-Bearing Turbo for like $3500. It was listed under 2k1 civic, is that a univerisal bolt on turbo or is it really for our civic? The last I read was that their prototype had trouble passing stuff like Carb Tests, and b/c our car is ULEV. Even if there is a turbo that comes out for our car, is there anyway our cars is capable of sustaining more than 6-8 PSI? I do realize our car is VTEC (at least mine is), so the compression ratio is lower and that it can't handle too much boost.

2. Do projectors decrease the life of bulbs? I've read several complaints about bulbs fitting in the projectors, and bulbs have like a exptenancy of like 3 months, than again PIAA are as reliable as a Ford. Anyone got a pic of a Silver with Projectors? Only can find black on black. IMO, the TYC looks like crap.....So any recommendations? Matrix or Hiper? Anyone know for sure if the one at Station28 is Matrix or Hiper?

3. This is in regards to the APC Euros. In my area, is very very rare I see a modified 2k1 civic on the streets. So far, I have only seen One with APC's, and based on some pics on the net, I found the lining to keep the APC is black, is that the only option? Or does it depend on the closing material you use for the tail lights? I.e. Silver lining.

That's about it. Oh I forgot, the other day I was shopping around Pacific and there's this store on the 2nd floor that sold me some Double Sided Industrial Valcro. It's good for stuff like beat lights, cup holders, cell phone holders etc...that you want on your car, and not leave marks on your interior.

Old 03-01-2002
Registered!!

AznSaint is an unknown quantity at this point
are you saying that your parents bought a 2k1 auto.... and you want to buy it from them and then trade it in for a standard???

stratches mean nothing to them..... dont let them talk you down on the price that they would give you if you are gonna trade it in to honda......
if you get lucky.... sell it privitely and get as much as you can.... and ask honda how much you would get for it.... whatever deal is better, do it up.....
Old 03-01-2002
Registered!!

netcbc is an unknown quantity at this point
is it your 2k1? do you drive it like mostly all the time? you can go into the dealership and get them to answer all your questiosn for you they dont' mind that your young or anything, they will still deal with you, today i went in to look for 2k1 coupes, i found that even used 2k1's that have 9,100 km are only 600 off a new 2k1, so you should get a good price on your coupe if you do bring it in, the thing is though, honda gives crappy trade in deals
Old 03-02-2002
Registered!!

NitehawkVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda give's crappy everything deals. the dealers overcharge, and there's nothing you can do about it. They have that damn name, Honda, to back them up.
Old 03-02-2002
BAD MON

Booohahaha is an unknown quantity at this point
i thought u were going with the RSX?
Old 03-02-2002
Registered!!

It might take me too long to save up for a RSX ) =
Old 03-02-2002
BAD MON

thats alright man
take ur time just be glad u got a car right now
is there anything wrong with ur car????
Old 03-03-2002
Registered!!

Nope, I love it ( =
Just that it hardly seems worth putting aftermarket stuff on an auto. Might even make it harder to sell. Plus after seeing rides like Pimpdakota and the likes, it makes wanting to have a black car even more. I loved black cars to begin with, but I sided with parents for the silver.
Old 03-03-2002
BAD MON

hahahaha well u always take off ur parts when u sell it. lolz
u never sell ur car with it. unless its rims!!!!
[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
well what ever makes ya happy ive rather save up for a rsx though
Old 03-21-2002
Registered!!

GeNoZiDe is an unknown quantity at this point
im savin up for an RSX engine LOL [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]