Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

OEM speaker question, and need an installer for headlights/speaker

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FurBall is an unknown quantity at this point
OEM speaker question, and need an installer for headlights/speaker

The farting sound for my OEM front passenger speaker is still acting up, even though the temperature is above 0... I'm guessing something is really messed up with the speaker, and it's not just something loose...

(I actually went to BestBuy and other places, turned up the speakers and tried to hold down the cone to see if it gives me the same farting sound... nope )

So, for those of you who have replaced your speakers: how are the OEM front speakers connected? I know there's probably 4 screws holding it, but what about the wires? Do I need to solder? Ugly twist nuts? Or are they nice molex-type connectors you just plug in? I'm replacing with another OEM speaker, so I don't need to worry about the holder thing for aftermarket speakers.

2) If you have a set of OEM front speakers that are NOT blown, PM me, I'm looking for something.... (I'm looking for OEM only, do not need/want aftermarket.) Else, I'll be buying 1 speaker from the dealer.

3) Does anyone here want to help me install these? I need the following:
- Careful removal of front passenger door, to replace front speaker, and ensure noise no longer there.
- Remove front bumper to replace both headlights with new ones. (Note: it's a much touger install than normal - I have PIAA fogs and when they installed it, the nuts clamp down the bumper, so you cannot easily pull off the bumper. May need to unscrew first? Unsure.)
- Some place to install this. I do not have garage.

I will pay you what I can, plus warm beer/pop and an order of pizza. Telly would be my first pick, I will just have to see if he still does these things or if he's too busy humping little azns
Old 03-26-2006
Registered!!

jer2k is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a set of OEM speakers but im way out here in St. Cathararines area. I was just looking at hte back where the connections are and the connection is similar that of the the rest of the wiring on the civic...its just clamps together.

As far as connecting it to the vehicle it doenst appear to be screws. It seems to push into custom holes in the mental. Looks like when I took mine out I actually broke the little plasic peices.
Old 03-26-2006
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Originally Posted by FurBall
I will pay you what I can, plus warm beer/pop and an order of pizza. Telly would be my first pick, I will just have to see if he still does these things or if he's too busy humping little azns
I've got a day off next Monday. PM me.
Old 03-26-2006
Slowest 7thgen in the GTA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
phuviano has a spectacular aura aboutphuviano has a spectacular aura about
If your speakers are making a farting sound, its probably blown.

The oem speakers are held in by clips, because the oem front speakers has its own spacer built in together. As for the connection on the speaker. Its basically just a plug.

I have both my oem front speakers. used maybe for like 2 weeks. Speakers are in perfect condition, not blown.

I did my front speaker install myself, if your interested pm me.
Old 04-01-2006
Registered!!

FurBall is an unknown quantity at this point
Waiting a few more days for pics from Phuviano, said he had some speakers... Else I'll be putting in an order at the dealer for 2004/5 headlights (dark chrome) + 1 front speaker...

Then I'll arrange a meeting with you.

Anyone with hookups at the dealership, please SAVE me!

Originally Posted by TeLLy
I've got a day off next Monday. PM me.
Old 04-01-2006
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Cool. I just got booked by someone else for monday though and I've got a wedding to spin next week so it might have to be a couple weeks from now unless you can find someone else to help you.