Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

Where to skin seats? Also, Lexus IS forums?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FurBall is an unknown quantity at this point
Where to skin seats? Also, Lexus IS forums?

Hi guys, I thought I'd throw 2 questions into 1 thread, instead of spamming...

1) Are there any places in the GTA that can skin seats? i.e. Replace fabric seats and 'skin' them with LEATHER. Also, adding in ***-warmers to the 2 front seats, and wiring it up to a stock harness/button.

- I remember AgressiveAdam said he got his rear sedan seats skinned for about $500 or so, to match his RSX leather fronts.
- I'm considering how much it would cost to skin a Lexus IS300, if I were to buy a low-end model (off lease.)
- Any website pics would also be great....
- I recall some asian store that worked out of their home/garage near Warden/McNicol or something a few years back...
- NO, I'm not talking about seat covers!
- In terms of leather quality, I don't necessarily need BMW quality, but I do want at least Acura EL quality (not the best, but ok..... some portions are pretty cheap.)

2) Any ideas of Lexus IS300 forums, with galleries? 7thGen.com is GREAT, I hope there's something similar for the IS300 user base!
Old 01-11-2006
Lost in the Matrix

Transformer_Guy is on a distinguished road
You can try www.toyotanation.com, they have a lexus subforum
Old 01-11-2006
Registered!!

jer2k is an unknown quantity at this point
http://my.is/

This used to be is300.net but i guess with the new models being IS250 and IS350 they had to change the name of the forum.
Old 01-12-2006
Registered!!

EL-Sport is an unknown quantity at this point
Try Nu Image interiors in Scarborough for getting seats skinned in leather. They re-did the leather seats on my buddy's GTA a couple of years back and did great work (seats came out like brand new), although it did take quite awhile.
Old 01-12-2006
Registered!!

hdave is an unknown quantity at this point
clublexus.com
Old 01-16-2006
Registered!!

AlienX will become famous soon enough
i had a guy do it private for me.. over a weekend.. um I can talk to him if you want he lives in lower end mississauga.
I wouldn't mind knowing someone that install butt warmers though.. ne1 know a place/person
Old 01-26-2006
Registered!!

AggressiveAdam will become famous soon enoughAggressiveAdam will become famous soon enough
The place I recommend you go is Manny's just a bit south of bloor and dundas (yes they intersect) on dundas.

Real leather is pricey, he can do whatever your willing to pay for, vinyl is an acceptable alternative and far cheaper material for rear seats. Easier to maintain too.

Other then that to skin the front seats with REAL leather will probably cost you a lot! You'd be better off finding other leather seats you like and even making custom sliders if neccasasry.

They sell butt heaters on ebay but I dont know if I fully trust those. Never used em so can't comment but nothing beats oem.

In any case you could have the rear matched in vinyl or leather, just a matter of what you want to pay. Manny has been doing this stuff for years.

You wont get a quote on the phone from ANY upholstry shop until they see your car, so just show up one day to check out your car. He removes all the peices on the spot so you can still drive your car (without back seats).

Heres the contact info

Manny's Custom Auto Trim & Glass
1974 Dundas Street West, Toronto, ON M6R1W6
(416) 534-3653

Last edited by AggressiveAdam; 01-26-2006 at 01:28 PM.